PDA

View Full Version : If you could stay any DW hotels which one would you choose?

BabyMine
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Disregard price and tell me what DW hotel would be your first pic if you had a 5yo, 2y/o, and a double stroller.
I could only list 9 hotels and I know there are way more than that.

Please help us.

clc053103
04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I voted BLT- my second choice would be Polynesian.

fivi2
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I think it depends... What time of year? How much time will you be at the resort? What do you like to do? What are your favorite parks?

We stayed at GF for a short trip with two almost 3 yos. It was nice being on the monorail, but really not *that big* of a deal for us. There wasn't a ton for us to do at the resort other than the pool. We decided that we hated sharing one hotel room between all of us (trips to other places we normally have a suite, but there aren't so many at WDW.)

So for this trip, we focused on resorts that would allow us to spread out a bit. We looked at the ASMuFamily Suites, DVC, or FT Wilderness Cabin. We are going to try the Cabin. (next month).

My point is, that it may not be the nicest place to stay, but I think it will be huge for us to be able to put the girls to bed in a separate room. For another family maybe the pool is more important, or the food offerings...

WatchingThemGrow
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Just going on hearsay. My mom goes for business stuff, says she really likes the Contemporary. Friend goes often with her DC ages 1-6, says she likes the pool at Cont. best b/c of the entry. DH wants to stay there b/c of proximity and ease of getting to MK with a double stroller. Buses and the double stroller - not a lot of fun. loved the fishing hole at Port Orleans.

billysmommy
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Boardwalk or Beach Club would be our choice

We love being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Lots of restaurant choices at the 2 resorts plus all the restaurants in Epcot.

BabyMine
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I think it depends... What time of year? How much time will you be at the resort? What do you like to do? What are your favorite parks?

We stayed at GF for a short trip with two almost 3 yos. It was nice being on the monorail, but really not *that big* of a deal for us. There wasn't a ton for us to do at the resort other than the pool. We decided that we hated sharing one hotel room between all of us (trips to other places we normally have a suite, but there aren't so many at WDW.)

So for this trip, we focused on resorts that would allow us to spread out a bit. We looked at the ASMuFamily Suites, DVC, or FT Wilderness Cabin. We are going to try the Cabin. (next month).

My point is, that it may not be the nicest place to stay, but I think it will be huge for us to be able to put the girls to bed in a separate room. For another family maybe the pool is more important, or the food offerings...

We wanted to go May 3-7 for M's 5th birthday but really anytime. I really like the weather in late October/November.

I was leaning toward the hotels on the monorail becasue of the double stroller.

I'll have to look into those other hotels. I have never looked into DVC.

We were hoping for a hotel that was on the monorail or boat route. Something that is really kid friendly and had the most space. I never thought about the different food places.

SASM
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I have only stayed at Coronado Springs for a conference. I wouldn't reccomend it. We actually had a great room in a great location (~3 min walk to main building), however, 95% of the room were not as convenient (Rancheros are VERY far from the main building and the Casitas were a labrinthe). We requested several rooms (per our guide book) when we made the reservation but didn't get any from our list. Instead we were initially assigned a room that took us forever to find in the Casitas. We called the front desk and complained and were then given a room from our "requested" list in the Cabanas. Other than that, the Pepper Market was "meh"...the formal restaurant was very "meh".

ETA: We also had our Mac TT. NOT fun folding up that thing for the shuttle and then fighting to get a spot on the bus. For that reason, I would vote for a monorail hotel. This time around we are staying at BC/YC...haven't decided which hotel yet but the pool looks amazing!

egoldber
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
The Boardwalk is our fav, but any Epcot area resort hotel would be on our preferred list.

JTsMom
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Definitely the Contemporary! Monorail to Epcot, and you can walk to MK! Just picture the crowds for every type of transportation after fireworks not being an issue. :yay: Plus, you could do the monorail for several different meals as well- Ohana, Kona, Garden Grill and1900 PF for example. You could walk to the boat for anything over at FW or WL. Bay Lake Towers would be wonderful as well.

BabyMine
04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Does it matter which comteporary? Regular or Bay Lake?

Momof3Labs
04-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Other. My dream trip is to stay at the Polynesian. Love, love, love the theming. But we loved the Swan and would stay there again in a heartbeat. My boys adore Epcot, and you can walk to DHS and Epcot from the Swan. Plus, we pay about half the price of the Boardwalk or YC/BC, and the beds are soooo much more comfy!

Note that even on the monorail, you'll be standing in line to get home at the end of the day at MK. And the monorail only gets you to/from MK directly, and Epcot indirectly (with a transfer at TTC). Since we "live" at Epcot, it's not as much of a perk to be on the monorail.

infomama
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
But we loved the Swan and would stay there again in a heartbeat.
I love the look of that hotel but since it's not on the dining plan it would be out for us.

TwinFoxes
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Well, after lots of research we are doing BLT in early Oct. We will have two 26 month olds and a double stroller. At that age we will be at MK a lot. DH & I love Epcot, and even with the transfer it shouldn't be too hard to get there. We picked BLT over CR because we wanted a separate room from DDs. If not, we'd be on their sleep schedule. Plus a kitchen will be a plus. When they are older we will probably stay at The Polynesian because of the great theming. I don't think the CR or BLT's theming is especially appealing to kids, but this trip our DDs will be so young I don't think it will matter. Plus the CR has the monorail going through it which is soooo cool! ;)

I used to be interested in the GF but after researching it, I was kind of meh on it. I like the "lodge" type resorts, but those didn't fit our needs. Another option we considered were the cabins at Fort Wilderness.

Have fun!

Momof3Labs
04-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I love the look of that hotel but since it's not on the dining plan it would be out for us.

Frankly, we save soooo much money staying there that the "savings" of the dining plan is a non-issue. Think a deluxe (or better) hotel at the price of a moderate.

JTsMom
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Note that even on the monorail, you'll be standing in line to get home at the end of the day at MK.

That's why I voted CR instead of the Poly or GF- b/c of the walking option.

As for whether BLT or CR matters- for me, it's just a personal preference thing. If you want something more like home, go for BLT. The only downside would be walking across the litle covered bridge thing to get to the monorail.

Melbel
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Living in FL, we make it to Disney frequently. We voted Contemporary due to the convenience (monorail, walk to MK), a great pool with a slide and if you have a room facing the castle, then you can see fireworks from your balcony. When DS and DD1 were younger, we would bathe them and watch the fireworks from the room in their PJs which meant we missed the post fireworks crowds and got them to sleep much earlier. I would love to stay at Bay Lake Towers now that we have a 3rd.

Our kids also really loved the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the Savannah view, but it is not very convenient.

hillview
04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Poly
Contempo/BLT
GF

With kids that young the monorail and closeness of multiple hotel/restaurants is huge for us.
/hillary

BabyMine
04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Thank you everyone. We have narrowed it down to the C or the BL. Now we just have to decide on when. We will probably go the end of October early November. I love the cooler weather and it's less crowded.

infomama
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Frankly, we save soooo much money staying there that the "savings" of the dining plan is a non-issue. Think a deluxe (or better) hotel at the price of a moderate.
Food for thought. We go during the free dining promotions, though.

Indianamom2
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
We loved the Polynesian.

The atmosphere is great and very family friendly. You can see the fireworks from the beach at the resort. It is on the monorail which is priceless with young children and strollers!

JTsMom
04-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Thank you everyone. We have narrowed it down to the C or the BL. Now we just have to decide on when. We will probably go the end of October early November. I love the cooler weather and it's less crowded.

Think about the week after Thanksgiving- that's our favorite. :) The weather is wonderful, holiday decorations are up, it's value season, and it's one of the slowest times of the year.

jayali
04-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Sounds like you have already made a decision, but i wanted to throw in my 2 cents. We stay at the polynesian in the concierge building. Multiple reasons, really. The concierge lounge has a great view of the MK and the fireworks. On our first trip Matthew was just about to turn 3. Some nights we made it to the fireworks in the park and some nights we did PJs and watched from the lounge. The boat parade goes right by the hotel, which is also a fun thing for the kids to see.

MK is accessible by boat or monorail which we found extremely convenient. We are not a big Epcot family, but the proximity did help on our trips to that park. For AK, which we did less frequently then MK the bus was never crowded.

Also, the pool is awesome and there are a few dining options on premises.

Our room wasn't huge, but on our first trip we were only there for naps. I guess since we only have 1 child any room is fine - we did get a balcony, so at night after Matthew was asleep we would sit on the balconey and share a bottle of wine. Quite magical with the lake in front and the castle in the distance.

Corie
04-09-2010, 12:55 PM
We are huge fans of the Wilderness Lodge. :)

mecawa
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
We LOVED the Beach Club Villas when we went in March. If I couldn't stay there I would stay at the Yacht Club or Boardwalk.

We stayed at the Beach Club with a 6 yr. old and 1 yr.old. We only had a single stroller though, but that was very easy to get on and off the bus with. DD1 loved the sand bottom pool.