PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of Diamond Nexus Lab?

mommysammi
04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
How is the quality of their stuff? Looking for some nice accessories for upcoming events but don't want to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars. I am willing to spend a little more for non-department store jewelry for original pieces. TIA!

creativelightbulb
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I highly recommend their products...:thumbsup:

I was first introduced to them when I lost one of my 2kt studs that DH bought to match my engagement ring...

I felt SO bad and like SUCH a loser ...I couldn't ask him to replace my studs with natural diamonds...but I wear them EVERY day and dreaded the thought of going back to wearing different costume jewelry earrings with each outfit...

after some months and me being depressed I found Nexxus...

I ordered a pair of diamond studs that looked JUST like the pair he'd given me...except these had screw backs ...he didn't know to get those on the real ones....

honest to goodness truth you can't tell the difference between them and the real solo stud I have...and I polled lots of folks for their opinion...

IMO - the best of both worlds...I've wanted to get a bracelet and necklace but never got around to it....

mommysammi
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your feedback. May I ask you if it fogs up? One very simple way to tell if a diamond is real is to breathe on it. If the fog dissipates immediately, and I mean immediately after you breathe on it, then the diamond is real. That is my concern with Nexus. Will their stones stay fogged up like a cubic zirconia? I understand that Nexus's stones are not real diamonds but want to make sure they have similar properties to a diamond when viewed with the naked eye. I don't want to pass off their jewelry as real but also don't want to look like I'm wearing costume pieces. Thanks!

creativelightbulb
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
No, they do not fog like CZ. I too was concerned about wearing costume jewelry hence me doing my "girlfriend poll". I was pleasantly surprised that my studs passed the test with my supremely elite high nosed bestie who claims to be able to spot a real/fake diamond across the room. I purposely didn't tell her anything...instead I just wore my new studs to lunch one day. She immediately noticed them and asked when I'd convinced DH to replace my lost earring. After taking them off to show off my "adult-proof" screw backs I told her they were NL's. She too was impressed and we compared them to her studs and you really could not tell the difference...and she did all the tests except trying to cut glass...I wouldn't let her go that far.

Note - that we did all this when they were new. I did have some lingering concern that they wouldn't hold up to daily wear. It's been two years and still no yellowing etc. I do clean them periodically with jewelry cleaner to get rid of the oil and grease and they are like new each time.

mommysammi
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
thank you so much for sharing i read a bunch of reviews online and couldn't tell who was telling the truth. i like the dl has a great return policy and lifetime guarantee. they have a set that i love because it looks so unique and pretty.

your elite friend story cracked me up. thanks!