PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for friend in rehab

Mommy_Again
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
A longtime friend just entered rehab in my town. She asked me to bring some items but I want to include some fun things, too. Not really sure what's appropriate or what she'd appreciate. My husband said chocolate or candy, I am thinking flowers, magazines....what else? For the record there are some drinking issues but mostly just a series of very unfortunate events throughout her life that she never dealt with. But she's not going to be going through any serious detox, I don't think.

elektra
04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
A pretty journal. Your latest favorite CD.

StantonHyde
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
A journal is a great idea--you have to do lots of introspection and writing exercises in rehab. Some comfy slippers. You should contact the facility--they will actually have a list of prohibited items (maybe no glass flower vases for example).

ewpmsw
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
How about toiletries like scented lotion or her favorite shampoo/conditioner?

Love the journal idea. Also, photos, a note of encouragement (if you feel it's appropriate), and books.

The most important things you can give her are your time and ear when she's out of rehab needs to talk. P's and PT's for your friend as she's working things out.

AJP
04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Notebook/journal and some pens, music, phone card, candy, soda, cigarettes - if she smokes. Some of these things may be banned and you might have to get them cleared.