PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually feeling sorry for Kate Gosselin

kristenk
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
I didn't watch DWTS this week, but the picture of her that keeps popping up on Yahoo just looks so pathetic. It seems as if the voters are keeping her in for the train wreck effect and that's cruel.

Granted, I didn't see her dance this week, so I could be wrong...

BabyMine
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
I feel real bad for her now.

Jon Gosselin thinks "Dancing with the Stars" is damaging his kids, thanks to Kate Gosselin, and Jon now wants primary custody as well as spousal support from his ex ... TMZ has learned.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0kNgM73qF (http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0kNgM73qF)

What an a$$

mom2binsd
04-06-2010, 11:48 PM
If Jake not Buzz had been voted off tonight I think everyone would be crying FIX....ABC is already suspect in it's version of "reality" as it's widely believed they tell the Bachelor/ettes who to keep for ratings and we know that ABC is loving that Kate is still on DWTS despite having not an ounce of rhythm in her body. I could forgive Buzz as he's 80 and he's got to be tired after walking all over the moon but I'm sure most of us could put a few dance steps together and look 10 x better than Kate. I think she's got to go next week though, she is totally out of element.

I'm not fond of either Kate or Jon, but he is probably enjoying watching her have to take the major criticism from the judges.

I think the show really does showcase that performers whether they're athletes, singers, models, actors all have a pretty good sense of how to perform, the regular folk (politicians/mothers) not so much....obviously Evan and Nicole have huge advantages given their backgrounds, but even Ochocinco/Pam are turning out to be pretty good.

JoyNChrist
04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
It seems as if the voters are keeping her in for the train wreck effect and that's cruel.

I don't know. I mean, granted I'm no KG fan and that could be coloring my opinion, but I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who repeatedly puts their self in the line of fire, so to speak. If the woman would just stay off TV and keep herself as private as possible, eventually all the hype about her would die down. I don't know that her life could ever go back to "normal," but she could at least get a lot of her privacy and self-respect back if she'd lay low.

I don't know...she gives off that "attention whore" (can I say that word?) vibe to me, so I have a hard time believing she's that upset over how bad she's doing. After all, bad publicity is still publicity, ya know? ;)

ETA - I'm definitely no Jon Gosselin fan either. I kind of wish they'd both just go away.

sariana
04-07-2010, 01:33 AM
could forgive Buzz as he's 80 and he's got to be tired after walking all over the moon

:rotflmao:

I took my kids to a science center today, and one of the exhibits had video of Buzz Aldrin. I don't watch DWTS, but I immediately thought of the show when I saw his face on the screen.

Fairy
04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
I do, too. I feel ambivalent about her, really, is more accurate. I don't think her being on here is a good idea, I think alot of it is image fixing, but the bottom line is that she's miserable and it shows. She seems to not be able to end the sh*tstorm no matter how hard she tries, no matter what she does, it's always the wrong answer. And that's not really fair to her. People keeping her there is the worst thing they could do for her, really it is. She is going to crack. Pam Anderson hates her, Brooke hates Pam, Carrie Ann shoots daggers at Tony, and the whole cast must be one big plate of misery. Ugh.

TwinFoxes
04-07-2010, 05:41 AM
I feel NOT AT ALL sorry for Kate. She could quit. "Oops, twisted my ankle". I don't watch DWTS, but I saw her "performance" on The Soup. OMG! DH and I were practically hyperventilating from laughing so hard. Then I flipped it on this week (I wanted to see Ochocinco ;) ) and saw her stomping around like godzilla. I expected to see tiny villagers running from her. I thought the judges were actually a lot nicer than they could have been.

I could forgive Buzz as he's 80 and he's got to be tired after walking all over the moon

:rotflmao: This is really one of the funniest things I've read on the board!

I think the show really does showcase that performers whether they're athletes, singers, models, actors all have a pretty good sense of how to perform, the regular folk (politicians/mothers) not so much....obviously Evan and Nicole have huge advantages given their backgrounds, but even Ochocinco/Pam are turning out to be pretty good.

I think this is a very good point. I think being comfortable in front of a crowd goes a long way in a competition like this.

I don't get how the Pussycat Doll was allowed to be in the competition, isn't she already a dancer? The Pussycat Dolls do a lot of very choreographed routines.

I may try to watch more. But the only ones I'm really interested in seeing are Kate, Ochocinco and Pam.

Melaine
04-07-2010, 06:42 AM
I haven't followed DWTS at all, but flipped through last night and saw right before the announced the bottom two.

Her hair looks horrendous. That's all I have to say!

wellyes
04-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Do they pay contestants? She got something like $120k/episode for her TLC show which is a somewhat reasonable incentive for doing it.

I believe she went on this show for FUN and because she enjoys the spotlight. But it's become a really really nasty situation. I feel bad for her too.

I feel NOT AT ALL sorry for Kate. She could quit. "Oops, twisted my ankle".

I can understand the stubborness of staying, and I also imagine that she is thinking people are voting for her in support and she likes that.

Jon Gosselin thinks "Dancing with the Stars" is damaging his kids, thanks to Kate Gosselin, and Jon now wants primary custody as well as spousal support from his ex ... TMZ has learned.

What an ass.Those poor kids.

TwinFoxes
04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I believe she went on this show for FUN and because she enjoys the spotlight. But it's become a really really nasty situation. I feel bad for her too.

I can understand the stubborness of staying, and I also imagine that she is thinking people are voting for her in support and she likes that.

See, I don't get this. I think she thinks people vote for her because they like her, so why do people feel bad for her? And for all I know, people ARE voting for her because they like her. The judges could be soooo much meaner, and she didn't even get the lowest score. It just seems to me she is happily putting herself out there.

KHF
04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
This is the first time that I've watched *any* of DWTS, and it's only because of Chad Johnson (Ochocinco). I live in greater Cincinnati and was interested to see how he'd do. As of right now, I don't think he's too comfortable and I hope that he "gets it" soon and turns into the Chad that we've been watching in Cincy for years :) He's highly entertaining.

That said, I have to change the channel any time Kate dances. It just makes me cringe. She is awful. Seriously terrible. I don't care what she's like IRL or her reasons for being there, I just cannot watch her. (The Godzilla ref by a PP was spot on, that's EXACTLY what she looks like.)

But Jon Gosselin...seriously?? Those in glass houses buddy...

jse107
04-07-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't know. I mean, granted I'm no KG fan and that could be coloring my opinion, but I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who repeatedly puts their self in the line of fire, so to speak. If the woman would just stay off TV and keep herself as private as possible, eventually all the hype about her would die down. I don't know that her life could ever go back to "normal," but she could at least get a lot of her privacy and self-respect back if she'd lay low.

I don't know...she gives off that "attention whore" (can I say that word?) vibe to me, so I have a hard time believing she's that upset over how bad she's doing. After all, bad publicity is still publicity, ya know? ;)

ETA - I'm definitely no Jon Gosselin fan either. I kind of wish they'd both just go away.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

hellokitty
04-07-2010, 09:23 AM
I have no pity for KG. SHE is the one who agreed to do DWTS. Nobody put a gun to her head and forced her to do it. She made that choice and now she is whining about it???? Does this woman ever take any responsibility for her OWN decisions???? Jon is a douche too, but KG is far from being innocent in the situation that she has put her family in. I can't stand how the media makes him out to be the, "bad" guy and she is so supposedly the victim. She is just as bad, can you say attn whore?

Fairy
04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
The fact is that Kate's scores are so atrociously low that the votes coming in for her have to be immense to counterbalance that (there's a forumula for this, but I forget what it is).

bigpassport
04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I just read a thing that said that celebrity contestants on DWTS make approx. $200k per season.

I'm disappointed Kate is such a horrible dancer. I mean, really bad. I was kind of hoping she'd be a halfway decent contestant so she would have some positive media coverage. I'd like to see things turn around for her and her family.

kristenk
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh, I agree that she signed up for the whole thing, etc. In fact, when I heard she was going to be on the show, I was sorta hoping that she'd be bad. I had no idea how bad she'd be, though. I'm guessing she didn't realize, either!

The pic on Yahoo last night was just so pathetic. Really, really, REALLY bad.

JoyNChrist
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I could forgive Buzz as he's 80 and he's got to be tired after walking all over the moon

I vote this as my favorite BBB quote of all time! :ROTFLMAO:

arivecchi
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't watch DWTS, but I saw her "performance" on The Soup. OMG! DH and I were practically hyperventilating from laughing so hard. Then I flipped it on this week (I wanted to see Ochocinco ;) ) and saw her stomping around like godzilla. I expected to see tiny villagers running from her. I never watch DWTS because I have always thought it was a snooze, but after this very vivid description, I might have to tune in. :rotflmao:

AnnieW625
04-07-2010, 11:00 AM
It seems as if the voters are keeping her in for the train wreck effect and that's cruel.

Granted, I didn't see her dance this week, so I could be wrong...

Kate looked horrible on Monday night, actually worse than she did the first week. She should've been gone the first week and not Shannen. Shannen was actually pretty good. I wished the voters would've kept her, but yes there are people out there who voted for Kate just so they could see the train wreck. Soo sad IMHO.

ABC is already suspect in it's version of "reality" as it's widely believed they tell the Bachelor/ettes who to keep for ratings and we know that ABC is loving that Kate is still on DWTS despite having not an ounce of rhythm in her body.

Yes this is very true. While it does kind of bug me it is smart marketing on their part. Here is a list from Wikipedia of ABC tie ins: Trista (season 1), Kenny Maine (ESPN, season 2), season 3 no one from ABC, season 4 no one from ABC, Cameron Matheson (AMC,season 5), season 6 no one from ABC, Susan Lucci (AMC, season 7), Melissa (season 8), Melissa Joan Hart (ABC alum, season 9), Erin Andrews (ESPN, season 10), Jake (season 10) and Aiden Turner (ABC alum, season 10). Both Jake, and Trista were selected most likely because they are real people, Melissa however did have her cheerleader experience so that was a tad more than the other two and she did last a lot longer than Trista. I truly believe that Aiden got his part on DWTS because his last AMC contract was not renewed so I am totally thinking it was his consolation prize for that and an attempt from ABC to get his name out there so other acting gigs would come along. I think he's hot though so I am happy he is there:) AMC is just not the same without him. I think that the show showcases all different types of people and yes those with a dancing background might have an advantage, but I have been really surprised by the athletes on the show because they have no real advantage except for maybe being nimble and able to move well in their respective sports.

wellyes
04-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I know it's not really fair, but I don't mind the 'ringers' like the Pussycat Doll lady - pro dancers who act like they never heard of a waltz before. Might has well have at least one entertaining and actually good dance per episode.

I think I enjoy the figure skater the most just because he doesn't look remotely like a regular dancer --- crazy long legs --- but he has a lot of grace.

I truly believe that Aiden got his part on DWTS because his last AMC contract was not renewed so I am totally thinking it was his consolation prize for that and an attempt from ABC to get his name out there so other acting gigs would come along.

Probably same 'corporate synergy' happening with Kate. Her show is owned by Disney and so is Dancing with the Stars.

AnnieW625
04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Probably same 'corporate synergy' happening with Kate. Her show is owned by Disney and so is Dancing with the Stars.

Ooh I didn't realize that.

liamsmom
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Kelly Monaco is also on General Hospital, on ABC.

I've never seen J&K+8. I've seen more coverage on "The Soup" and the tabloids at the grocery store than I ever cared to. From what I've seen, that's more than enough. But, for the first time ever, I've started watching DWTS, so I think there is something to KG that draws viewers in. So either she has a rabid fan base that votes for her fanatically, people vote for her just so they can laugh at her the following week, or the producers tamper with the votes so they don't loose their cash cow. Or it's pretty much all these reasons combined as to why she's still there.

This might be a really unpopular opinion, but I think she was better this week than last. She remembered her steps and tried to get into character. (Although it was just a version of herself, so how hard was that?) It was still painful to watch, but it looked like she accomplished...something. She is doing no favors in promoting herself as a nice person. She can't hide what she's thinking, she always looks angry.

Buzz was doing the same walking through the steps he did before. He's a nice guy, an American hero, and no one wants to see him in a bad light. He was kept around so he wasn't voted off first, and then it was time to go.

Fairy
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Definitely corporate synnergy. The Bachelor is on ABC, all the soap people are only from ABC. No doubt.

MartiesMom2B
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I had to look up the performance. She was terrible. Did anyone watch the Soup last weekend? I loved how after he did the bit on DWTS he said, "in other news Jon Gosselin is still a douche bag" LOL

Fairy
04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I thought I'd ressurect this for a bit. Kate did *alot* better this week. And I could not believe myself when it was all done and they did that topsy-turvey pseudo-lift that I actually excitedly said out loud "good job!" and clapped a little -- also excitedly. I don't hate her. I still feel ambivalent about her. But the woman is down, and Hugh Heffner saying no way will he accept her in his magazine when no one is even asking is really kicking her when she's down when it's not even necessary. Her packs are genuinely depressing, and I just want the woman to catch a break. I do think this show was a mistake for her. I do think the overexposure is even more overexposed than most overexposure. But I don't want her to be miserable. That does her kids no good. I'm genuinely glad she did so much better last night, and I really hope that if she's not voted off tonight (she won't be) that she finds some momentum and confidence. I also think Tony is a good partner for her. I kidn of wahted to hug them both last night when she said, "I'm sorry ... they gave you me."

I'm not saying I'm a fan of hers, cuz I'm not. But this is how I'm feeling at the moment.

JoyNChrist
04-13-2010, 11:44 AM
I do think this show was a mistake for her. I do think the overexposure is even more overexposed than most overexposure. But I don't want her to be miserable. That does her kids no good.

:yeahthat:

Very well said! I don't hate the woman, and I don't intentionally wish her ill as so many people seem to do. I just have a hard time feeling bad for her when I feel like so much of her bad publicity is her own doing. At what point does she say "I need to remove myself from this situation if I ever hope to have a normal life"? I get that she's in a difficult spot, and it wasn't all her fault...but at some point personal responsibility has to come into play. She has to realize that all of the media attention isn't healthy at this point.

elektra
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM
I read the Playboy thing too, and I was wondering if she was even asking to do it. It seemed like it was likely that someone had just asked Hef if he would have Kate in the magazine, but that she had never actually shown interest herself. Talk about kicking someone when they're down.
I had a dream last night that Kate's kids were begging her to just not go on TV AT ALL. I must be really worried for them (doesn't help that I watch these shows pretty late at night right before bed). But when does she just pull the plug and step away, you know?

wendibird22
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM

Very well said! I don't hate the woman, and I don't intentionally wish her ill as so many people seem to do. I just have a hard time feeling bad for her when I feel like so much of her bad publicity is her own doing. At what point does she say "I need to remove myself from this situation if I ever hope to have a normal life"? I get that she's in a difficult spot, and it wasn't all her fault...but at some point personal responsibility has to come into play. She has to realize that all of the media attention isn't healthy at this point.

But I still think she was awful last night. It looked like Tony was having to carry, push, ad pull her along like he was doing all the work.

Fairy
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM

But I still think she was awful last night. It looked like Tony was having to carry, push, ad pull her along like he was doing all the work.

Yes, but compare that to her Paso, and it looked positively regal!

babybell
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I saw an interview with Kate on Good Morning America this morning. She was saying that she has to be on DWTS because she is a single, working mother. She also wrote a book (http://www.amazon.com/Just-Want-You-Know-Letters/dp/0310318963/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271180984&sr=8-1) recently.

mom2binsd
04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree that she made a huge improvement over the previous weeks, but she is still terrible and the worst dancer left. I'm not a fan of hers, at first on TLC I thought it was interesting to watch the family and always wondered how long the marriage would last. I think that both she and Jon have handled this whole mess terribly. At least we are not seeing the kids in the audience or clips of them in the practice tapes. For Jon to sue for sole custody right not is dumb.

The judges were very harsh on most last night and by the time they got to Kate (did you notice she was one of the last ones again????) they did have some kind words for her along with the criticism. It does suck for Tony to have all this drama, am sure he'd have loved another partner that he could have had more fun with. Watching Damian and Pam/Maks and Erin it seems they are all having fun!

So about Ochocinco....is that a real diamond ring he gave Cheryl???? I know it was meant as a thank you for being his partner, but I missed hearing whether it's real or faux. Can I just say he looks FINE!!!!!!!!!!! My DH is hoping he does well, he's got a bunch of his footbal cards and it'll make them more appealing the better he does (DH is a powerseller on Ebay).

Fairy
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Not sure about the ring. I love Cheryl, so I try to root for her whomever she's got, but I jsut get bored of the packs and gloss over most of them, so dunno!

Ocho is a hottie, yes. And loves himself alot! DH does't like him in general. I just like Cheryl, so tacitly accept ocho. I have my limits, like last season's partner, but Ocho is fine.

I can not STAND Pam. I used to think she was just, ya know, Pam. But since this show, no. Can't stand her. Not everything in life requires her to give a come hither and do me look. Not everything requires an I'm a dirty girl glare. Some things do better for you with your hair out of your face and not seductively in your face. She bugs the ever lovin' sh*t outta me. All her dances have been relatively sedate things. Let's see her Jive.

I wasn't really a fan of hers, but now I'm rooting for Nicole. As the biggest ringer they've ever had, I'm sure seh'll be voted out soon. But I like her. I also like Evan. I mean, really who wouldn't like him?

elektra
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I can not STAND Pam. I used to think she was just, ya know, Pam. But since this show, no. Can't stand her. Not everything in life requires her to give a come hither and do me look. Not everything requires an I'm a dirty girl glare. Some things do better for you with your hair out of your face and not seductively in your face. She bugs the ever lovin' sh*t outta me. All her dances have been relatively sedate things. Let's see her Jive.

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine. She is actually the wife of my boss. My boss is a huge Pam fan. "Vegas" is just a good way to describe him in general. He and his wife met an adult film convention (they both worked in Marketing for that industry). You get the picture.
She said that Pam on DWTS has just ruined her for him! He is so bummed. Like you said, how many times can you work the lusty look, hair, body?? It's old. And pathetic. Poor boss. His wife is gorgeous though so he should survive without Pam. ;)