PDA

View Full Version : Pants for SUPER tiny baby boys?

Indianamom2
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Okay, does anyone anywhere make adjustable waist pants in infant boy sizes?

Ds#2 is almost 9 months old. He still does not weigh 16 lbs. He needs (barely) the length of 6-9 month clothing, but most of the pants literally just fall off of him. I have no idea (other than one-pieces) where to find clothes to fit him.

Help!

SnuggleBuggles
04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
The Just One Year Carters' ones from Target seemed to work pretty well when my ds2 was little.

Beth

DebbieJ
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
My ds1 was like that. We did mostly one piece outfits. Carters was good for cute stuff like that.

TwoBees
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
What about overalls?

Andi98989
04-07-2010, 01:50 PM
When I was on the hunt for black pants for DS's Christmas pictures, I found some Amy Coe corduroys at BRU that were 3/6 month size with adjustable waist. May they'd have that in a 6/9 month size?

WatchingThemGrow
04-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Pinch an inch on both sides of the pants and stitch them up. I did it for DS1 (75th% for height, 5th%ile for weight) and ended up using the same ones (still stitched) for DS2, who is super, super long, but average weight (I think.)
Thank goodness summer is around the corner and we have loads of Hanna rompers. I hate dealing with pants that fall down.

FWIW, with a tiny waist, your DS will likely be sizing down in shorts in the future. DS1 can wear a 2t/3t shirt, but can wear 18m shorts. His swimsuit today was a mis-sized 9month one. My 10mo baby wore the 12m ones.

Indianamom2
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Carters stuff fits every once in a while, but a lot of their pants fall off too.

I did decide to buy 6-9 month shorts since length doesn't matter. I'm just thankful it will be summer...eventually.

I will use rompers/overalls/one piece outfits, but those are still just huge on him width-wise. He's just a shrimp!

Kymberley
04-07-2010, 03:35 PM
He sounds JUST like my DS. I've been doing BabyLegs because all of his pants just fall off. He's only 15 lbs at a little over 8 months. I love Carters's Creepers because they button in the front and don't go over his head, but they're still big. Let us know if you find anything!

Indianamom2
04-07-2010, 03:41 PM
He sounds JUST like my DS. I've been doing BabyLegs because all of his pants just fall off. He's only 15 lbs at a little over 8 months. I love Carters's Creepers because they button in the front and don't go over his head, but they're still big. Let us know if you find anything!

If I find anything that works, I'll be sure to pass it along. Ds used to be 16 lbs, but then LOST weight somehow. Sigh...

mom2beofboy/girltwins
04-07-2010, 03:51 PM
i know your pain as well. DD went for 12 mo appt and weighed in at a hefty 16 lbs 12 oz (3rd percentile)!! :) I found some OshKosh pants at Target that had the adjustable elastic in them for her. If you can't fnd them there maybe OshKosh directly. On a related side note, I noticed that OshKosh and Carters now sell their clothing directly from their website...

Indianamom2
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
i know your pain as well. DD went for 12 mo appt and weighed in at a hefty 16 lbs 12 oz (3rd percentile)!! :) I found some OshKosh pants at Target that had the adjustable elastic in them for her. If you can't fnd them there maybe OshKosh directly. On a related side note, I noticed that OshKosh and Carters now sell their clothing directly from their website...

Wow. Hard to imagine a one year old that size. Currently Ds is in the 1st percentile (I'm assuming the weight difference is boy vs. girl here).

I will have to check out OshKosh. Thanks for the heads up!

fantasy86
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
my son is 3 and we still have that same problem. he is tall and skinny. so i found that kmart has adjustable waist in just about every size. hope this helps.

Indianamom2
04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
my son is 3 and we still have that same problem. he is tall and skinny. so i found that kmart has adjustable waist in just about every size. hope this helps.

Thanks. That's somewhere we haven't looked yet because it's WAY across town, but now I'm going to have to go. I'll try anywhere and cheap is A-okay with me!

blondflava
04-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I can so relate... I have a tiny one too. My DD is turning 1 in 2 days (OMG where did the time go?) and is yet to reach 16 lbs.. or 15 in that matter. I think she's around 14 lbs but the official weigh in will be next week.. I usually just fold the waist over but pants are still loose.. Love the adjustable waistbands but i was only able to find one pair like that so far.. I'm planning to sew some summer bottoms in..