PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp Q--baby set/cushions necessary for 1 year old?

jenfromnj
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I am almost ready to take the plunge and order a Tripp Trapp for DS, since our current highchair (fabric) is a mess. I am trying to avoid spending $60+ for the baby set, but will he be too uncomfortable or not secure enough without it? He's 30.5 inches and almost 27 lbs, so not a tiny 12-month old :).

MizMojoLaveau
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
My 10 month old who is smaller than your DC has been using his (without baby set) for a week with good results. The harness can tighten several different ways and provides a lot of support IMO. DS will slouch down if in the chair for too long, but that is my cue that he's done. I would not spend the $60 for the baby set. Also, cleanup has been a breeze with no cushion.

jenfromnj
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
My 10 month old who is smaller than your DC has been using his (without baby set) for a week with good results. The harness can tighten several different ways and provides a lot of support IMO. DS will slouch down if in the chair for too long, but that is my cue that he's done. I would not spend the $60 for the baby set. Also, cleanup has been a breeze with no cushion.

Thank you! I agree with you about the cushion--the reason I hate DS's current highchair is because of the non-machine washable fabric that it's covered with--it's so icky even though I am constantly spot cleaning after every meal. I was able to convince DH that we needed a $250 high chair, I think spending any more on the accessories might push him over the edge!

elektra
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
We love our TT's. There is no need fo the cushions at all IMO.
DS is 11 mo and still using the baby rail, but if your DS is already sitting well, crawling, stable, then I would skip it.

Snow mom
04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
I was able to convince DH that we needed a $250 high chair, I think spending any more on the accessories might push him over the edge!

They are $199 this week at Albee baby ;)

smiles33
04-09-2010, 06:42 PM
With 15% off, it's now $169.99! I'm trying to decide if I should take the plunge as DD1 didn't like it and wanted a regular adult chair. I guess I could always sell it on CL!

Wondermom
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
We've been using our Tripp Trapp with son #1 since he started solids at 6 months. We had the old rail (without high back support), and the cushions. We ditched the cushion pretty quickly, because it was a stain catcher, and needed washing after pretty much every feeding. We removed the rail sometime before son turned 1 mostly because he was very good at sitting, and it was a hassle to keep putting his legs through the rail. Also, where rail met chair was a food-catching crevice. We still use the harness straps on the now 2-1/2 year old.