PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommended good walking shoes that don't LOOK like tennis shoes?

conniez
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Yet another thread that relates to our upcoming DL trip, I know, but I just don't have any comfortable shoes. The shoes I have now are from Aerosoles, but they have a slight platform heel. Aside from those, I don't really have any "errand running"/walking shoes.

ged
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe do a search/ask in the Momwear forum... there was a recent thread about Naot shoes, which I love.

lkarp
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I took my pair of Dansko clogs on my trip to New York last year and they were wonderful! I was so glad those were the shoes I brought, because my feet did so well while we were there. Other than my feet being tired from walking all day, they felt great.

If you don't have a broken in pair I would definitely get a pair soon to give you a chance to break them in before your trip. It can take a week or so to fully break them in, but once they are broken in they are wonderful.

conniez
04-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Maybe do a search/ask in the Momwear forum... there was a recent thread about Naot shoes, which I love.

whoops...sorry, I keep forgetting there's a separate forum for clothing.

I took my pair of Dansko clogs on my trip to New York last year and they were wonderful! I was so glad those were the shoes I brought, because my feet did so well while we were there. Other than my feet being tired from walking all day, they felt great.

If you don't have a broken in pair I would definitely get a pair soon to give you a chance to break them in before your trip. It can take a week or so to fully break them in, but once they are broken in they are wonderful.

Thanks for the tip & I'll look into those!

codex57
04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Clark's, Ecco's, Mephistos...

Tondi G
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Privos might work for you! http://privo.zappos.com/n/es/d/722082011/page/1.html

Andi98989
04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
I live in my Merrell's for everything except actual running.

infomama
04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Keens,Merells and fugly but oh so comfy Crocs.

conniez
04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Thanks all! I've never heard of any of those (except for the Crocs). I do have Crocbands that I love for home, but I think the fit would be too loose for me to be comfortable wearing 'em at DL.

Btw, I know I didn't post this in the Bargain forum...but does anyone know if there are any deals right now on any of these (like great coupons, or serious $ Bing CB)?

Melbel
04-08-2010, 07:19 AM
I love my Cole Haan shoes with the Nike Air technology. They are pricey full retail, but I have been able to find them at 75% off.

jenmcadams
04-08-2010, 07:32 AM
I love my danskos for winter/fall, but for summer, I live in Chacos (so much so that I get embarrassing tan lines)...