PDA

View Full Version : Migraine and 39+ weeks pregnant

MamaMolly
04-08-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm dying. Ok, I just feel like I want to. I haven't had one this whole pregnancy so I'm making up for it with a whopper. :(

My go-to make it better remedy was a good night's sleep, a ton of water, and Excedrin Migraine. Well, the water means I don't get the good night's sleep. I've been up and down having to pee all night. The pain is waking me up, too. And Excedrin is out because of the aspirin. I'm not allowed to have aspirin in the last TRIMESTER much less the last week.

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!

So here I sit with my almost-Excedrin: two Tylenol and a cup of coffee at 5am. Dreading the waking of my sweet, perky, squeaky DD1. Because my head will explode with the first Good Morning, Mommy!

The light trails coming from my computer screen are cool though in a trippy sorta way. Like steam coming from around the sides. (And yes I've turned the brightness almost to black. Thank God I don't have a back lit keyboard or I'd give up..._

MoJo
04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
:grouphug: for you. . . . at least you're almost there.

Does a bath help at all? Sometimes it helps me.

Hope it goes away right away!

JTsMom
04-08-2010, 06:42 AM
That is awful. :( I hope it passes quickly.

maestramommy
04-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Ohhhhhh, I'm so sorry! I had sinus headaches during pregnancy. While they were just annoying, I can't imagine a migraine! :hug5::hug5:Hope it's over soon!

Melbel
04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
As a fellow migraine sufferer, I can certainly sympathize. Could you get some help with child care today? A massage may also help you with muscle tension that may be contributing to the headache. You may want to call your OB to see if they have any other suggestions as to what you could take. Sending P&PT.

:grouphug:

ThreeofUs
04-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Ohhhh, noooo, how completely awful.... I've btdt and am full of sympathy!

I have two suggestions if it's from muscle tension:
1. massage
2. two exercises that *always* work for me, even though it's a PITA to get myself to do them when I'm in that much pain.

PM me if you want the exercises.

Hugs to you, very gentle, with whispered wishes that it will go away asap.

KathyN115
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
:grouphug:

So sorry! I have had terrible migraines in the past, but never while pregnant. That is definitely unfair! How about a cold pack to the forehead? Although I know that nothing but meds work at times. I bet your OB could help you figure out something safe but effective. Hope youfeel better!

boogiemomz
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM
oh my, how horribly miserable!! :( so sorry. hope the hours pass quickly until it's gone. :hug:

Indianamom2
04-08-2010, 11:02 AM
As a fellow pregnancy-induced migraine sufferer, I 100% sympathize.

First, is it at all possible that this sudden migraine could actually be blood-pressure related? At your stage in pregnancy, I always get a little more careful about blood-pressure/pre-eclampsia issues. It might be worth a call to the OB.

Second, try ice on your eyes, forehead, temples, back of neck...anywhere it might help. Sometimes that gave me some relief.

Third, your Ob might be able to give you something like Tylenol with Codeine. I know that was prescribed to me in the 1st trimester, so it might be possible in the third? It didn't help me, but who knows, it might do the trick for you.

I am so, so sorry because I just went through this about 9 months ago and it is miserable. Feel better!:hug:

JenChem
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
I second the suggestion to have your OB check your blood pressure. I went to bed fine on a Monday night, woke up at 2am with a screaming migraine, contacted the OB's office when it opened at 7:30 and went on in to wait for him at the nurse's recommendation. My BP was ridiculously high and I was sent directly to the hospital for evaluations and bed rest until they decided to induce me. It wasn't pre-eclampsia (via the lovely urine collection test, but it was pregnancy-induced hypertension.

c&j04
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Oh no!!! Feel better soon! :hug:

edurnemk
04-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I agree that you should call your OB just to be safe.

I don't know if this woudl work for you, but I had very bad headaches during the first trimester. My OB said it was due to low blood sugar and suggested that I ate a piece of candy whenever I felt like I was getting a headache. It worked 100% of the time. I kept candy in my purse at all times.

citymama
04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm joining the chorus of "call your OB and get your BP checked." I doubt you're on your computer right now, but I hope you get it looked at and get some relief ASAP! Poor you.

Sending you good birthing vibes for the big day - hope all goes well! :hug:

LarsMal
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Ugh...because being 39+ weeks pregnant isn't uncomfortable enough! I hope you feel better soon.

citymama
04-09-2010, 03:58 AM
OK, MamaMolly, how are you doing now? I've been thinking about you and hoping the migraine has gone away and it isn't BP related. Sending good birth vibes your way too!

MamaMolly
04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi guys! :waving4: I survived!

Thanks for all the great advice. I updated in the Lounge, I didn't mean to leave it hanging, my dad, stepmom, and MIL are all here (gee, any wonder I have a migraine?!?!) and was 'entertaining'. Read that as running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

So last night I ended up back in the hospital getting checked after barfing my brains out. Turns out that I had a bad reaction to my quesadilla, BP and everything are fine. Annoyingly fine. Even the nurse commented on how happy DD2 is to just chill. Sigh!