PDA

View Full Version : what are your favorite home decorating sites?

boogiemomz
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
we're closing on our first house next month :yay: and i'm starting to think about what i want to do to decorate. i love hgtv but their website has been giving me technical difficulties lately. any other good websites out there that give good ideas and photos for home decor??? i'm not very good at it but i like getting inspiration from other people's brilliant ideas. :D

C99
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
we're closing on our first house next month :yay: and i'm starting to think about what i want to do to decorate. i love hgtv but their website has been giving me technical difficulties lately. any other good websites out there that give good ideas and photos for home decor??? i'm not very good at it but i like getting inspiration from other people's brilliant ideas. :D

ikeafans.com and younghouselove.com The second one is a blog and while their style is very PBK-neutral and they don't have kids and have yet to realize what a PITB it is to, say, have a white couch with a small child, or keep open basket storage in your bathroom with a toddler, their tutorials are very easy to follow and they are amazingly responsive (I asked them for their kitchen budget on NYE and they got back to me within an hour!).

C99
04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
I also like all the slideshows, etc. at BHG.com

zephyr
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I like bloesem kids. They have some really inspirational homes of people and also do a little interview with each home owner. http://bkids.typepad.com/knockknock/

Sweetum
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
really nice, all of the sites.

kcimato
04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
My favorite site is through ivilliage

www.thathomesite.com

I regularly visit the Home Decorating Forum. I picked all the colors for my home based on the discussions and am so happy with all my picks. You can get lots of ideas for decorating based on what other people do.