PDA

View Full Version : 3 YO DD asked to Skype Santa....really!? is this going to be in the dictionary soon?

sewarsh
04-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Me: "I'm sorry, but we aren't going to be able to buy you a swingset. We just don't have enough money." (getting the swingset delivered in a couple of weeks but want her to be surprised).

Sad DD: "Ohh...that makes me sad. Wait, I have an idea...let's Skype Santa and I can ask him for one!!"

DH & I were like WHAT! DD you are only 3 YO!! We've used Skype only about 5-6x.

Funny how she knows what Skype is but MIL had to explain to her what a radio was.

sariana
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh, too funny! We use Skype every day to talk to DH in South Asia, but I don't know if either of my kids know that it's called Skype.

My DS would totally think to do something like that, but he is almost 6 and on the verge of figuring out, well, you know.

edurnemk
04-08-2010, 02:46 PM
:hysterical:

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day... well, that and DS going "Oh, man!" like Swipper the fox from Dora.

Technology sure brings a lot of new challenges for parenting.

What did you tell her about skyping Santa?

arivecchi
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Next thing you know she'll be asking for a FB page.....

citymama
04-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Love it! DD has asked to Skype her friends as well!

MMEand1
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Next thing you know she'll be asking for a FB page.....

My 2 month old cousin has a FB page. Her parents write on it like she is the one talking...totally creeps me out.

edurnemk
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM
My 2 month old cousin has a FB page. Her parents write on it like she is the one talking...totally creeps me out.

I have a friend who did the same for his DD before she was even a month old... weird, if you ask me. Oh, and my brother once suggested that DS get his own FB page (since my whole FB page is mostly about him).

sewarsh
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM

:hysterical:
that IS creepy!!!!!

What did you tell her about skyping Santa?

I told her he's too busy in the North Pole and doesn't have time to Skype. Thankfully, since she's 3, she didn't question me. :)

sariana
04-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I told her he's too busy in the North Pole and doesn't have time to Skype.

Plus, no service there. All that magnetic pole stuff, you know. Too much interference. Can you imagine if Santa had to answer emails from kids? He'd never have time to make toys! Never mind the time he'd waste surfing the 'Net.

wendibird22
04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
My 2.5yo Skypes with her snowbirding grandparents. She even gets where the camera is on my macbook and turns the computer around so grandma/grandpa can see baby sister or other things in the room. No clue how she figured out how Skype works.