PDA

View Full Version : DS is taking forever to fall asleep

swrc00
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
DS is 17 months old. He has been a great sleeper for the most part, until the time change. The week following the time change DS started getting up an hour and half earlier for daycare as well. DH had surgery and I needed to drop him off at daycare. Since this time it is taking DS anywhere from one to two hours to fall asleep at night. He is not fussing or crying. He talks to himself and runs from one end of his crib to another. He is getting plenty of activity during the day and has a pretty calming routine before bed.
He usually takes a two hour nap in the p.m. This has not been a problem before. Today he spent two hours playing in his crib and just when nap time is usually over he fell asleep. When he naps at daycare he has no problem falling asleep.
Thanks for reading my thread. I know it is long. I am just wondering is it a stage? Am I worrying about nothing? I think I need some wine!

hillview
04-08-2010, 03:10 PM
what time is his bed time?
/hillary

swrc00
04-08-2010, 03:48 PM
We usually read in his room from 7:45-8:00 and then put him in his crib. He typically naps from 12:00-2:00.