PDA

View Full Version : intermittent waves of nausea?

maestramommy
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Could they be caused by sinus congestion? I've been having waves of nausea for a few days now. Usually when I'm queasy it's in relation to something else, like a really bad stomachache that tells me I'm about to vomit, or super bad headache, OR motion sickness. But this is the first time I'm having it for no particular reason. However, I've been having allergy symptoms too, sneezing, some painless but noticeable congestion, itchy nose. Just wondering if the two are related.

Indianamom2
04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
It could be. Sinus drainage often makes me nauseated, but just a little, and eating usually helps because then all the gunk isn't hanging out in an empty stomach.

Umm...I feel obligated to ask....but are you sure that pg test is accurate?

You know, I'm just saying....:innocent:

maestramommy
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
It could be. Sinus drainage often makes me nauseated, but just a little, and eating usually helps because then all the gunk isn't hanging out in an empty stomach.

Umm...I feel obligated to ask....but are you sure that pg test is accurate?

You know, I'm just saying....:innocent:

Not to worry. I'm on day 3 of AF:p

The thing is I get nausea after meals. A few days ago (the day before my post in BP) I was also getting a little feeling of inner ear weirdness. You now, a little dizzy, a little feeling of unsteady on my feet. Even though I was sitting down!

Indianamom2
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Another thought might be gall-bladder. I don't know about the dizzyness, but the nausea after a meal might indicate a problem. It's not likely, but if it continues, it might be something to check since even after pregnancy it can cause issues.

Glad (as one can be) that it's day 3 of AF;)

sariana
04-08-2010, 03:36 PM
These all sound like symptoms that COULD accompany sinus congestion.

I felt a little unsteady a few days ago when sitting down on our driveway. I thought I had eaten too much sugar or something (Easter candy, after giving up sweets for Lent). Turns out it was the earthquake!

Sinus problems can mess with your whole system, and allergies can set you off kilter too. But you might want to check with your doctor. I'm not sure what causes vertigo, but you could be experiencing that.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-08-2010, 03:40 PM
sometimes when i get an ear infection (sinus related) i get dizziness/nausea. i would see a doc and get checked for an ear infection.

DrSally
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Could be, if you have stuff/mucous,etc. in your ears too that's getting your inner ear off balance.