PDA

View Full Version : 32 weeks and breech

JTsMom
04-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Looks like my little guy is still hanging out head up. Logically, I know I still have time, and I do have a list of things to try- the first one is Webster- but it's still nerve wracking. Anyone else BTDT and had a good outcome that they want to share? I just need a little pick me up.

Twoboos
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM
At either 32 or 34 wks, SIL's baby was breech and they started talking c-section! (I was so annoyed. A little early to throw around c-sec and freak her out, IMO.) She is due right now (literally today!) and that kid is head down and ready to go, no intervention needed. :)

You have plenty of time. :hug:

MamaMolly
04-09-2010, 10:46 AM
At my OB visit on Wednesday I asked if the baby moves when you are contracting. He said OH YES! and told a story about being in the OR with a Mama prepped for a C, knife in hand, and the little one flipped right there! She went on to have a vag delivery. So how's that for a big-old-scoop of hope? :kisscheek:

Indianamom2
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, my Ds #2 wasn't breech at that point, but he was transverse (side-ways). I'm not sure when he moved, but he did eventually turn head down and all was well. There's still plenty of time.

I think there's some wisdom in mentally preparing yourself for the "What-ifs" only because none of us knows how things will go in any delivery, but it's definitely not a foregone conclusion yet. You still have lots of time for flipping and turning.

Andi98989
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a friend who used a Moxibustion stick and her baby turned.

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/breechbabies/a/turningbreech.htm

becca_g
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
DS turned right around 32 weeks ...

AnnieW625
04-09-2010, 11:31 AM
My dr. didn't even check me until the other day at 35+ weeks because he didn't want me worrying about it. I would wait a couple of weeks. Good luck!

JBaxter
04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Jack was breech at 32 weeks an he turned about 34 weeks. He was a big baby I "think" he was 5 1/2 lbs at 32 weeks ( 10lb1oz at birth)

MoJo
04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I asked my OB-gyn about this last week, and he said it was way too early to worry. In my case in particular (and I'm guessing yours, since this isn't your first) he said that my first child gave the baby "a big playground" where she CAN move if she wants to.

So I don't have a BTDT (but I AM right there with you), so I thought I'd share my doctor's opinion.

ThreeofUs
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
DS2 was breech at 32 weeks, but turned by himself.

kmillini
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Okay, no good news from me. However, a friend of mine had good news. I didn't find out my son was breech until 36 weeks when she did the first pelvic exam. She said "Oh I think I feel a foot." She would not try a version because he was a footling breech. However, one of my friends went in for induction at 39 weeks due to high blood pressure. When she was being admitted, the resident said he was not sure if the head or butt was down. So, he did an ultrasound and found out the baby was breech. They did a version and she delivered vaginally the next day. I agree that it is early and the baby will probably still turn. However if the baby doesn't turn, you still have the option of trying a version.

conniez
04-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Apparently most babies should be head first by this time, but DD2 was also a footling breech at 36 weeks. My ob ok'd the external version since I was adamant I wanted to avoid a c-section at all costs. It was no picnic (almost like a massage that wasn't fun) and DD2 was very stubborn, but luckily for me she somersaulted at the last minute...right as they were about to give up. She stayed that way until delivery & I was very glad the version was a success.

daisymommy
04-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I used Spinning Babies to get Andrew who was transverse up until 36 weeks to turn head down. Only took about 3 days too.