PDA

View Full Version : Best prices on Dutailier gliders?

KrystalS
04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I think I've decided on the Dutailier Sleigh multiposition recliner/glider. It's $529 at BRU, is this the best price I'm likely to find. Anyone know if BRU ever runs sales/coupons on the gliders? I still have awhile before I need to purchase it so I can wait.

ciw
04-09-2010, 05:46 PM
BRU does run sales on gliders and they used to allow you to use a coupon on top of the sale price (I'm talking about the 10-20 percent off one baby item coupons they run periodically) . I'm not sure if they still allow coupons on sale items; I know some of their policies have changed.
They also sometimes run specials where you get a discount (can't remember if it's half off or free) on the ottoman if you buy the glider.

kellij
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I think someone posted the other day on here that they are 50% off on totsy.

camomma
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I have heard that at some BRU locations they are accepting BBB (Bed bath and beyond coupon). BBB keeps sending 20% off on one item coupons in the mail. You may want to call your BRU to check if they do that.
FWIW, we bought ours off craigslist for $100 and it was a lifesaver for me. I still rock my baby in it almost everyday.

sewarsh
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
ok, not to confuse you, but i thought i'd recommend my glider to you. i've had it for almost 4 years and have sat it in practically daily and it still looks new (i got the green toile). anwyays, this is actually the review i posted:

So, i shopped all over the place for gliders starting with the baby boutiques. i decided agains thte wooden framed grandpa looking chairs and wanted an all uphostery chair. i found this exact chair at Bellini for $650 + 250 for the glider - literlaly the EXACT chair - same fabric, same manufacturer ( LIttle Castle) only 3'' not as wide. being i'm little, this worked out to my adavantage anyways. the chair is great and so is the ottoman.

http://www.target.com/s/178-8625213-7783623?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&keywords=lullaby%20glider%20-slipcover&ref=sr_bx%5F1%5F1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchPage=1

wifecat
04-09-2010, 08:44 PM
We have a Dutallier glider. I found the one I liked at a little boutique-y baby store, got the model #, picked out the fabric and finish that I wanted...and ordered it from csnbaby.com. http://www.csnbaby.com/asp/keyword.asp?keyword=dutallier+glider&command=dosearch&matchtype=3&keywordvalue=dutallier+glider

I got exactly what I wanted...and the store I found it at wanted something like $900. I got it from csnbaby for less than $500 shipped and it is THE BEST chair. I've used it every day multiple times a day for the past year. Also, I earned cashback from csnbaby and used the cash I got to later buy a baby gate from them. They have excellent customer service! Good luck.

ohiomom1121
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I just looked on Totsy...there's a sleigh multiposition one for $359.

KrystalS
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
We have a Dutallier glider. I found the one I liked at a little boutique-y baby store, got the model #, picked out the fabric and finish that I wanted...and ordered it from csnbaby.com. http://www.csnbaby.com/asp/keyword.asp?keyword=dutallier+glider&command=dosearch&matchtype=3&keywordvalue=dutallier+glider

I got exactly what I wanted...and the store I found it at wanted something like $900. I got it from csnbaby for less than $500 shipped and it is THE BEST chair. I've used it every day multiple times a day for the past year. Also, I earned cashback from csnbaby and used the cash I got to later buy a baby gate from them. They have excellent customer service! Good luck.

There are so many options at csnbaby.com! I have no idea where to start. Can you tell me what model you have?
They didn't have the fabric or finish I wanted at Totsy or that would have been a great deal!

DebbieJ
04-10-2010, 01:12 PM
You should consider buying used on Craigslist. There are tons of gliders listed on my local CL. I paid $125 for my Shermag that retails for over $500.

wifecat
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
There are so many options at csnbaby.com! I have no idea where to start. Can you tell me what model you have?

We have the 918 maple sleigh comfort plus model (white w/ fabric 4090 retro purple stripes). http://www.csnbaby.com/Dutailier-918-Maple-DTL1045.html I'm on the shorter side (5'3") and some of the ones with really deep seats would have been uncomfortable for me to get out of while holding my daughter. This one has a very comfy seat, but it's shallower and narrower than some other ones. My 6'2" husband can still sit in it comfortably with the baby, but if we had been purchasing FOR him we might have gotten a different chair.

We don't have enough room for the foot stool, so we got a medela nursing stool instead and it's perfect. We chose to get the multiposition feature and that is really helpful because I can lock it at any point along the rocking arc. When she was younger, we rocked a lot. Now, that wakes her up, so I have it locked in more of a reclining position and it's wonderful. We skipped getting the actual recline feature (you need a lot of space for it) and the swivel feature (which we just didn't need).

To decide which model to get, I went to Dutallier's website and found local stores that had a good selection, then tried out a lot of chairs. Honestly there were some that I felt were hard and uncomfortable, so I'm glad I "test drove" some. Also, I pretended to be holding a baby while getting up to see which chair I could easily get out of. Good luck!

KrystalS
04-10-2010, 06:26 PM
To decide which model to get, I went to Dutallier's website and found local stores that had a good selection, then tried out a lot of chairs. Honestly there were some that I felt were hard and uncomfortable, so I'm glad I "test drove" some. Also, I pretended to be holding a baby while getting up to see which chair I could easily get out of. Good luck!

Thanks, I think I should probably test some first like you suggest. I'm 5'10 so I don't want a chair thats too short for me.

the2bobs
04-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Costco.com has some
http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=5000001&eCat=BC|48022&N=4040787+4294899813&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&hierPath=48022*48035*&topnav=