PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Magna Tiles deal...Are they worth it?

swampnurse
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
These are much more expensive than I thought they would be! Any deals?

For those of you that have them, do they hold your kids' interest? My son played with them at a friend's house and really liked them.

Leeannpk
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't know of any deals, but YES, they are worth it! Even my DH plays with them!

hillview
04-09-2010, 06:52 PM
yes year 2 and still going strong here. they are played with every week sometimes every day. also great for playdates.
/hillary

mommymy
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I know they are expensive but I think they are worth the money. They are always being played with. Used to be on a daily basis but lately it's been at least weekly. The problem here is that my kids don't want to break down their "structures" but then if they don't do that they won't play with them! Both DC make garages and house their cars in them or make houses to put the princess dolls in them. It's even fun for me! We started with one set for both DC but now have 2 sets as they fight for the squares. Look for a good deal. I bought both of my sets through edufun.com (I think that is the site...I found the deals here on the bbb boards). HTH.

ohiomom1121
04-09-2010, 07:54 PM
We have 2 100 piece sets and they get played with more than any other toy in the house on a very consistent basis. (Got the first set Christmas 08, and second one Christmas 09) Can't think of too many toys from 2 years ago that get that much play. They really love them, and I'm noticing the longer they have them the more intricate their towers and structures become. I highly recommend them.

camomma
04-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Crunchy-coop sometimes posts a coupon for magnatiles. It was 15% off last time.

wellyes
04-09-2010, 08:02 PM
If you have a chi-chi toy store / kids store, maybe you can check them out there. That is the toy that is always, always, always on display in the various swank baby shops around town (the kind of places that sell Stokke). See if your kids like them before buying.

KrisM
04-09-2010, 08:04 PM
We've had 2 100 piece sets for 2 years and they still get played with at least once a week, on average. They do go through spurts where it's every day for a week and then not at all for a week, but most things do. The difference is, this is 2 years into the toy.

zoestargrove
04-09-2010, 08:26 PM
We have 2 100 sets for 3 years now. For 2 years, they got daily play, now it's down to weekly! Totally worth it IMO!

missym
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
These are much more expensive than I thought they would be! Any deals?

For those of you that have them, do they hold your kids' interest? My son played with them at a friend's house and really liked them.

Code BBB still appears to take 20% off at the Magnatiles site. Shipping is $4.50.
www.magnatiles.com (http://www.magnatiles.com)

My kids have played with theirs every day since early December. They're a huge hit!

kristac
04-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Definately worth it here as well. My 5 year old and 2.5 year old play with them daily. We have the 48 piece and a set of 100. Gonna need at least 100 more once thier little brother wants to play also. Toymeetsworld.com will beat any price by $3 and has free shipping. I used them over christmas and was pleased with thier customer service.

hillview
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
I've ordered from edufuntoys.com 3 times (search on it, you can see that many folks have as well). 'take10' works for 10% off. You can get 100 clear set (which I recommend) for 107. Pricey I know but we have 3 of them. No regrets.
/hillary

jgenie
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
We bought a set for DS1 for Christmas this past year. He plays with them every day. Surprisingly DH loves them too so I'm probably getting him a 100 pc set for Father's Day.

Jo..
04-10-2010, 07:58 PM
We love ours and got a great deal but I think they are really overpriced. My kids do play with them once or twice per week.

hollybloom24
04-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I am in the minority, but my kids rarely play with them.

Ceepa
04-11-2010, 08:43 AM
We have them and the kids enjoy it when I first pull them out but after a couple of days the tiles are used sparingly. So yes, they're durable, creative toys but overpriced, IMO. If they were closer to the $50 range I would say absolutely get them, but the $100 range is a little much for what they are. Right now DC are playing with our unit blocks again and have been for the last week. Just another point of view.

kcimato
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I bought them for my grandson when he was 3.5 y/o . He loved them and then bought another 100 piece set for his 4th birthday. At almost 5 he still plays with them daily. I recommended them to one of my coworkers for her grandson"s birthday and she said they were a huge hit also. My DD says it is the best toy ever.

kamileer
04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Most used toy in our house - by a mile. Worth every penny.

jennifer2saint
04-11-2010, 07:55 PM
We have 2 100 piece sets and they get played with more than any other toy in the house on a very consistent basis. (Got the first set Christmas 08, and second one Christmas 09) Can't think of too many toys from 2 years ago that get that much play. They really love them, and I'm noticing the longer they have them the more intricate their towers and structures become. I highly recommend them.

Exactly what she said- the second set has been amazing. No matter who comes over- even if the kids have them at their house- this is what they play with. Without a doubt, the best toy ever. If we could only have one toy, this would be it!

swampnurse
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
thanks all! kids bdays are in july. maybe i'll find a deal by then.

sewarsh
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
just saw this on SD:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1607191