PDA

View Full Version : Bing Rebates -- Is there a catch?

las710
04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Is there any "catch" or bad side to signing up for bing.com? Do you get spammed with emails? Any privacy issues? Any commitments?

How do you get the $ refunded to you? Is it put into a bing account and then you request it when desired?

I keep seeing these seemingly great rebates from them, but I'm a little skeptical about the whole thing?

Thanks!
Lisa

satchnbucky
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
No catch, no ad emails (at least I don't get any). They send you a confirmation of your rebate generally within 24 hours of purchase. You have to wait 60 days to request your money - they do send you an email when the money is available. Once you have $5 or more, you can request the money be sent to you in a paper check, direct deposit into your bank account, or deposit into your paypal account. I know some people have had issues but I really haven't. The one time I did have a problem, i contacted them and they fixed it - granted it took a while, but they did fix it.
HTH!

cicada
04-10-2010, 09:20 PM
I've now gotten about $500 back; never had any issues.

Jo..
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
No catch, just CASH!

I have made over $300 from Bing in the last 4 months or so. :47:

At first when I heard people talking about it I just ignored it because I didn't know how it worked. But I am a complete convert! I almost always use Bing over Fatwallet/Ebates now.

Tinochka
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I always will see messages, that people had a good bargain and on top of that some kind of bing cash back. Can anybody explain, how it works. How will you know that if, for example, you purchase smth from Gymboree, that you can use this system. I learnt a lot lately from you, ladies, but I want to know even more:)
I stocked up with size 4 and 6 50% off diapers from Target, found 75% off Smart Easel (so far, we like it), stocked up with 75% off Tomas Trains from Sears (have 2 boys:)), bought Halo sleepsacks from Diapers, etc... :) Thanks to you, ladies!!!!

I am cloth diapering my 2 kids and BF, stay at home mom.

the2bobs
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I always will see messages, that people had a good bargain and on top of that some kind of bing cash back. Can anybody explain, how it works. How will you know that if, for example, you purchase smth from Gymboree, that you can use this system. I learnt a lot lately from you, ladies, but I want to know even more:)
I stocked up with size 4 and 6 50% off diapers from Target, found 75% off Smart Easel (so far, we like it), stocked up with 75% off Tomas Trains from Sears (have 2 boys:)), bought Halo sleepsacks from Diapers, etc... :) Thanks to you, ladies!!!!

I am cloth diapering my 2 kids and BF, stay at home mom.

You have to go to Bing's website, go thru "shopping" and enter the name of a store you want to shop at. If they participate w/ Bing, it will show what the cashback % is for that store and you click on the store name and Bing will take you to that website. You have to be registered/have an acct w/ Bing (free) so they know who to credit the cashback to.

I recently purchased a stroller from Diapers.com thru Bing and they initially credited my acct but then took the $$ back saying I had returned the item. It hadn't even shipped and they said I returned it. So I have to contact them about this.

Also, I bought a Dyson vacuum from Best Buy thru Bing, got my cashback but had a problem w/ the vacuum so a few wks later took it to Best Buy to exchange it for another one (same model, just wanted one that worked) and Bing treated it as a return so I lost out on the cashback.

Chag78
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I don't know. I read so many complaints about Bing that I am not very keen to start using it. Ebates has been 99% reliable for me, and I know sometimes it can be much less cashback but the hassle is just not worth it for me personally.

Tinochka
04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't know. I read so many complaints about Bing that I am not very keen to start using it. Ebates has been 99% reliable for me, and I know sometimes it can be much less cashback but the hassle is just not worth it for me personally.

How ebates are working?

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-11-2010, 12:55 AM
I have never had issues with Bing, it is my preferred CB site!

jvs195
04-11-2010, 07:16 AM
My only complaints with Bing are the inconsistencies in the cashback amounts - having to search for the highest (example some days Gap = 15% somedays it's 25% sometimes you have to search "Gap Cashback" sometimes "Piperlime Cashback" ...). I always use it for drugstore.com since it's usually 20% (sometimes 25) but have had to request they confirm with drugstore each time to get the credit. I have rarely found this high rewards on ebates (but use them regularly as well). I use bing for endless (25%) and a few others if they are much higher. I have gotten about $400 back in the last 6 months. And you can track the days when it will be available and request it in Amazon payments, check, paypal.

Melbel
04-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Even though bing is more of a hassle than other cb sites (secret search terms, follow up required too often). I have earned almost $800 in about a year and a half. I also use ebates, upromise and fatwallet, but the earnings do not compare (about 1/10 the earnings). My favorites on bing are drugstore.com (at least 20% off but frequently need to follow up with bing because I do not receive the award automatically; my most recent 2 orders went through with no follow up), gap/old navy/banana republic/piperlime (often 25% cb), macy's (25% cb), & endless (25% cb). Although I have had to follow up more often than I would like, I have received 100% of the cb that I earned.

To search the normal cb amounts, you can go to www.evreward.com (this will not reflect the higher cb amounts by searching the secret terms in bing).

For bing, if I cannot find the higher cb amount, I often search bing and the store name (i.e. bing gap) at www.slickdeals.net. This thread in SD is also helpful: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1792929 (ETA: I actually meant to link provided by Jo below; I would only worry about the link I provided if you are making a large purchases with $$$$$ cb; I do routinely take a screen shot of the page showing the link from bing to the store with the cb % amount, but have yet to need it).

Spam has not been a problem at all from bing. I do receive occasional emails from FW and ebates. HTH!

Jo..
04-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I have had no issues with Bing. And with cash back of up to 25% vs say 2% at ebates, it's a no brainer.

At one point I had a large Christmas (for me) purchase from Macy's and was expecting almost $100 cash back from bing. I did take a screen shot of the Cash Back screen just in case there was any issue, but there was none, zero.

I have had every penny I've earned from Bing credited to my account with no issues. Every once in awhile, I have them send my cash back to my Paypal account.

I LOVE this thread on Slick Deals. They keep the Wiki Post (2nd post on the page) updated with the "hidden" search phrases that result in the highest percentage of cash back.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=22864585#post22864585

las710
04-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks everyone -- sounds like I need to sign up!

nmosur
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Anyone know what happens with Bing cashback if you return after you earned the cashback. I got four pairs of shoes from Endless via Bing and earned good bucks in CB. I have to return one pair of shoes - will they deduct it from my next cashback earnings??

indigo99
04-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Bing makes you wait forever to actually cash out so they'll just take the $ out of your account if you return the item.

I've had issues with them not crediting purchases. drugstore.com seems to have a problem reporting your purchase. Then they did refuse one of my purchases, and they don't even have to give a reason. They just said that it didn't qualify. Also, if bing is saying 10-15% at a store then count on getting the 10% and not 15%. I don't know how that is supposed to work, but I never get the higher amount.

If you use any other coupon or discount then they can say that you don't qualify. I've even heard of them doing this based on discounts that you didn't even ask for (like free shipping).

So.. yes, it's very good when it works, but I wouldn't count on it working every time.

conniez
04-12-2010, 01:45 AM
I prefer Ebates over Bing...ebates is much easier to use & they don't cancel your cashback just because you used a coupon! :rolleyes:

Chag78
04-12-2010, 02:35 AM
What is the Bing secret code for 25% off at Endless?

Melbel
04-12-2010, 06:44 AM
I prefer Ebates over Bing...ebates is much easier to use & they don't cancel your cashback just because you used a coupon! :rolleyes:

Actually, I have seen many reports of ebates cancelling cb if you use a coupon code not listed on their site. I have been successful in using coupon codes at Gap and Macy's and still getting bing cb. I cannot recall ever losing cb on bing due to a coupon. However, if I use a coupon code with bing, I do not count on receiving the cb.

conniez
04-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Actually, I have seen many reports of ebates cancelling cb if you use a coupon code not listed on their site. I have been successful in using coupon codes at Gap and Macy's and still getting bing cb. I cannot recall ever losing cb on bing due to a coupon. However, if I use a coupon code with bing, I do not count on receiving the cb.

Weird, I've never heard little to no reports on people having ebates cb cancelled from using a coupon. On the SlickDeals website it seems like 99% of the complaints are about Bing cb..esp. if one uses a coupon. It's become so bad that members of SD actually started a thread with tips on how NOT to get your Bing cb cancelled: :ROTFLMAO:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1792929

Melbel
04-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Weird, I've never heard little to no reports on people having ebates cb cancelled from using a coupon. On the SlickDeals website it seems like 99% of the complaints are about Bing cb..esp. if one uses a coupon. It's become so bad that members of SD actually started a thread with tips on how NOT to get your Bing cb cancelled: :ROTFLMAO:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1792929

I posted the same link above (I think it is the same link, I cannot connect to SD this morning). I take screen shots and have to follow up with some vendors (primarily drugstore.com) but have still gotten the cb (about $800 in about 1.5 years compared to about $75 from ebates over 2+ years). Even if I happen to miss out on cb in the future, IMO, the overall $$$$ benefit outweighs the risk. :) If the cb amounts are the same for bing/ebates, I would probably choose ebates, but often bing is much, much higher. I often use the cb as splurge money for me, or for gifts. It is my reward for going through the hassle.

Jo..
04-12-2010, 08:01 AM
I have been successful in using coupon codes at Gap and Macy's and still getting bing cb. I cannot recall ever losing cb on bing due to a coupon. However, if I use a coupon code with bing, I do not count on receiving the cb.

:yeahthat:

I almost ALWAYS combine coupons and Bing.

jvs195
04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
:yeahthat:

I almost ALWAYS combine coupons and Bing.

Me too. Have even gotten cb from bing after using $20 of $60 at endless and gap coupon and rewards.

Melbel
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
What is the Bing secret code for 25% off at Endless?

It appears as though endless is currently at 20% by searching "endless". Endless has been as high as 30% (December??).

Twoboos
04-12-2010, 09:22 AM
You guys rock as usual, I have bookmarked that SD thread!!! Thanks!