PDA

View Full Version : meeting a babysitter for the first time

scmama
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I found a babysitter on line and spoke with her today. We agreed to meet at a local starbucks, but now I'm second guessing myself. Do I bring my son with me for her to meet or do I just meet her, get her references and speak with her and then have her come over and meet my son? I like the idea of meeting outside my home the first time I meet her, but I'm not sure. This is the first time I'll be using a babysitter.

I babysat a lot before I was married and had DS and each time I would meet a family, they would just have me come over to there house and meet for the first time. Would that be better? How did you guys meet a babysitter for the first time?

MomToOne
04-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I would have her over to the house for an hour trial run (paid) personally

Leeannpk
04-10-2010, 08:38 AM
When I meet babysitters for the first time, I have them come to the house and meet the kids and play a little so I can get a sense of the chemistry between them and my kids. I always offer to play them for their time, but typically they refuse.

boogiemomz
04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
When I meet babysitters for the first time, I have them come to the house and meet the kids and play a little so I can get a sense of the chemistry between them and my kids. I always offer to play them for their time, but typically they refuse.

:yeahthat:

TwinFoxes
04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
When I meet babysitters for the first time, I have them come to the house and meet the kids and play a little so I can get a sense of the chemistry between them and my kids.

:yeahthat: Plus I have dogs, and I want to be sure they are truly comfortable with dogs.

I just went through this for the first time as well. I didn't pay them for the first visit, because I figure that's the job interview part. I had them come for the "interview" where they interact with the girls and I asked them questions. Then I had them for kind of a trial run, which I paid them for, where they took care of the girls inside of the house while I was there.

scmama
04-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for your advice ladies, I am leaning towards having her come over here for a meet and greet. Twinfoxes, I also like your idea of a trial run while you were there. I'll probably do that later this week. Thanks again!