PDA

View Full Version : Quick soccer question HELP!

bubbaray
04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
As assistant coach, do *I* need cleats?

I can NOT find my cleats anywhere. I have torn this house apart and they are no where to be found.... I got new shin pads today (pink!) when I got DD#1's stuff.

Do I need cleats? I have a coaching clinic tomorrow at 9am, so if I need them I have to go NOW. I'm not clear on how much actual soccer skills work I'll be doing with K's.

TIA.

JamiMac
04-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Neither our coaches or assistant coaches have ever worn cleats. Just plain athletic shoes!

bubbaray
04-09-2010, 10:54 PM
THANKS!

I just don't want to look like a total dork at the coaching clinic tomorrow morning!

I have some trail running shoes that I can wear tomorrow.

Darnnit. Where are my cleats?! Oh well, if I'm the only one without them tomorrow, I guess I can go back to the store (or check out a different store -- I swear, there are so many soccer specialty stores here!) and get new ones.

:)

bubbaray
04-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, to answer my own question, the unanimous verdict from all the coaches after today's coaching clinic is YES, coaches need cleats too. Only 1 coach (and the 2 instructors) showed up with cleats. The rest of us had running shoes. Boy, were we unhappy about that after about 5 minutes on the field. Everyone said they were going out today and getting cleats. I just got home with mine. :)

The instructors also said that it makes the coaches look more "professional" and also models good habits for the kids.