PDA

View Full Version : My daughter's an addict; is yours?

conniez
04-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Our 2 year old seems to be a wipes addict. Every time I put the diaper & wipes near her in the playpen while getting ready for a diaper change she likes to grab them & "snort" them. She just can't get enough of wipes.

She also has developed some weird habit where she can't stay clothed for 2 seconds. When I release her into her playpen she immediately strips & makes a mountain with her clothes. Good luck trying to take anything from that pile or try to put her clothes back on her...or she will scream bloody murder!

Does your DC have any weird "habits" or addictions? :ROTFLMAO:

wellyes
04-10-2010, 07:10 AM
conniez are you me? Seriously. My daughter is the exact same way.

Now the wipes thing I can understand, you pull one out and another one pops up - it's magic!! But the nudity is a little more baffling. I think it's exciting to have the power to take your clothes off BUT she doesn't know how to put them back on, and that combined with a big independent streak means no clothes whenever she can get away with it. Tip: if she's figured out taking off her diaper yet, the duct tape is your friend. Seriously.

DD's other addiction is shoes. If she sees a pair of shoes lying around anywhere - our house, a friend's house, the store - the must immediately sit down, take her sheos off, put the new shoes on and stomp around in them. Sometimes it's cute. Sometimes it's no fun - like when we drop by the neighbor's for 2 minutes and she flips out because I won't let her try on the poor old guy's flip flops.

conniez
04-10-2010, 08:04 AM
conniez are you me? Seriously. My daughter is the exact same way.

Now the wipes thing I can understand, you pull one out and another one pops up - it's magic!! But the nudity is a little more baffling. I think it's exciting to have the power to take your clothes off BUT she doesn't know how to put them back on, and that combined with a big independent streak means no clothes whenever she can get away with it. Tip: if she's figured out taking off her diaper yet, the duct tape is your friend. Seriously.

DD's other addiction is shoes. If she sees a pair of shoes lying around anywhere - our house, a friend's house, the store - the must immediately sit down, take her sheos off, put the new shoes on and stomp around in them. Sometimes it's cute. Sometimes it's no fun - like when we drop by the neighbor's for 2 minutes and she flips out because I won't let her try on the poor old guy's flip flops.

lol Maybe we are kindred spirits? I usually just put a single wipes & a diaper into the playpen next to her, so maybe she just really likes the smell or something! DD used to take her diaper off when she was a lot younger, but surprisingly she stops at the diaper. She does know how to put her clothes back on & has been doing so for almost a year now...she doesn't so much have a problem with putting the clothes back on, but for some reason she hates it when I do it. Per my other post, if she or daddy does it, it's OK. That's too funny what your daughter does with shoes, but that would drive me crazy! With my mild (Okay, moderate OCD) I would be flipping out...esp. if it was a stranger's shoes she was touching..ick! :ROTFLMAO:

MamaMolly
04-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Wooooo that fun independent streak! My DD had a love of kleenex for a long time. I think it was the magic, like wellyes said! :)

That and tearing paper. We called her our little snowflake maker for about a year and a half. She'd do it with tissues, TP, notebook paper, you name it. When she'd scream in the car we'd hand back a tissue and she'd merrily rip, rip, rip. Messy and wasteful, but worth the price of a happy child and quiet drive.

She eventually outgrew it.

cono0507
04-10-2010, 10:28 AM
2 yr old wipe addict here too - a travel pack of wipes kept her busy for over a half hour on a road trip last week! :) She also used to strip off all of her clothes all.of.the.time but that seems to have stopped now that she potty trained, though I still catch her running around sans pants now and then! LOL

Krisrich
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
16 month old wipe addict here. I now find dried wipes all over the house. Not looking forward to the naked stage!

Raidra
04-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Fiona is addicted to wipes as well. She mainly uses them to wipe her face or her dolls, but then sometimes she wipes the floor and then goes back to wiping her face, yuck. I made a little cloth wipe container with some cloth wipes for her dolls, and she adores those, too. I think she uses more wipes in a day than I do changing her diaper.

Strangely, though, she hates being naked. My younger son was the naked baby in our house. Any time he started fussing, if you took his clothes off, he'd calm down and play happily for quite a while. We always had the heat on 'cause he was always naked. But Fiona, no. She always wants to get dressed immediately after a diaper change or bath, and if I dare to try to put her down for a nap without pants on (like if she's wearing jeans, or if she got dirty at lunch), she throws a huge fit.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
my daughter likes to lick the wipes. I don't know why but ever since we brought her home, if we wash her face with a wipe, she sticks her tongue out and tries to lick it. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if it tastes good.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
LIP BALM....is crack in my house. Yes to Carrots, Bonnie Bell Naturals, Alba. I had to buy some Zoya during one of the sales to have my own. She eats it. We went through the wipe stage. She climbed out of her crib and "cleaned" her room and windows with wipes. She is in the naked stage, and likes going "mando" (commando)....

ehlana06
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
My DS is 7 months and I actually had to hide the wipes in our house. He'll crawl all over looking for them. If he finds them and I don't give them to him he will scream. Also I have never been able to keep clothes on the kid. He figured out he could wiggle out of most of his clothes by 5 months and now he's basically naked all the time. If he has to keep his clothes on he wears sleepers because they are the only things that he can't get off yet.

hillview
04-10-2010, 06:48 PM
2.5 year old DS loves to use them to clean. He is a cleaning machine when not tossing food and cups on the floor....
/hillary

nmosur
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
My almost 4-year old DD was a wipe addict and now is a tissue addict. We cannot have a box of tissues in our house - she wipes her non-drippy nose with it till the box is empty.