PDA

View Full Version : Would you stay at one of these hotels?

conniez
04-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I came across this list of the 10 Dirtiest Hotels in the US (based on guest ratings) while looking for a hotel in the Anaheim area:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels

Just curious if anyone here has stayed (or would be willing to stay) at any of these (or similar ones)? WARNING: Disturbing images :ROTFLMAO:

sewarsh
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
No WAY!!!! you couldn't PAY me to stay in one of those hotels.

The way i see it, hotels are Dirty enough as it is! To literally stay in a hotel that was actually rated as a Top 10 hotel must be beyond gross.

Just the thought makes me want to vomit!

Indianamom2
04-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Umm, I'd rather sleep in the car!

That being said, I think Dh and I once stayed in a place that at least deserved honorable mention. We'd only been married a year or so and headed off on a cheap road trip through part of Tennessee. I don't even remember what hotel chain it was, but it was cheap. We were travelling with our two cats (too poor to board them) and we were placed not in the main hotel, but in some group of "Cottages" off to one side, right off the highway. The door would not lock properly, the room was icky, and the best part was that one of cats started going NUTS, rolling around and rubbing her body (kind of slithering around on her belly like a snake) all over the carpet. She has never before or since acted that way anywhere. Dh and I think something bad must have gone down there!

We would never do it again, but I have to admit, we still laugh (and shudder) about how scary that room was.

JTsMom
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Not if you paid me. Hotels in general skeeve me out.

ewpmsw
04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I haven't stayed in any of those places, but am not surprised.

Chalk it up to pregnancy/postpartum OCD or just being crazy and oversensitive - I have a tough time in most hotels and have gotten a lot pickier since my first pregnancy. It just got worse after DD was born. We're usually pretty frugal, but I insist on nicer hotels when we travel. Even then, woke up with a bedbug on my tummy while pregnant with DD and found boogers wiped on the "clean" sheets in my swanky DC hotel room recently. In two separate places with the all-white bed linens, we've found fresh blood on the comforter and sheets. UGH. Just a little, but still gross enough to ask for all new linens. MIL likes to pick our hotels when we travel together and always goes for the ones with ant and roach baits around the sink, hairy bathrooms and dirty carpet. I'm not a girly-girl and don't mind getting my hands dirty or camping, and my chosen field brought me into some gross places, but there's something about paying to sleep where tons of other people have been that icks me out.

conniez
04-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I haven't stayed in any of those places, but am not surprised.

Chalk it up to pregnancy/postpartum OCD or just being crazy and oversensitive - I have a tough time in most hotels and have gotten a lot pickier since my first pregnancy. It just got worse after DD was born.

LOL This is me exactly...When I was dating DH my in-laws house was far from sparkling, but I had no problem sleeping there, sitting on the carpet, etc. After DD2 was born that all changed!

Re: the Dirtiest Hotels list, DD1 and I stayed up til the wee hours of the morning looking at the guests' pics of all the different hotels and we just kept wondering why the guests still decided to stay there? :ROTFLMAO: I'm sure most of them didn't know what a surprise they were in for, but once they walked in surely they could've stayed elsewhere. :confused: After seeing the pics (esp. the ones of the bedbugs), DD & I felt like we needed a 2nd shower! I honestly felt myself getting itchier by the minute.

KathyN115
04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I couldn't even click on the link! A long time ago, I saw a disgusting Dateline (or similar) show about hotels - YUCK. Since then, I have had a real problem staying in a hotel. To the point that I am more than a little OCD about it. I take the blankets off the bed, put double pillowcases on, never walk barefoot, etc. I think if I read that article I would never travel again!!!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
BARF!!!!!!!!!! Maybe for a cool mil....

wellyes
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
My worst-ever hotel experience: DH & I were just out of college on a cross-country road trip. No reservations, just winging it. In general it was fantastic. There was one place, though, in Michigan where we seriously misread what kind of place it was. Very cheap. We ask if the price included breakfast and the lady gave us a "you gotta be kidding me" look. We get into the room and there is a magic fingers bed --- with a mirror on the ceiling over it --- a very dirty mirror with I-don't-even-wanna-think-what caked all over it.

Good lesson from that experience: if you're staying somewhere cheap ALWAYS ask to see a room before you pay!

Jo..
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Sure. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. (BARF).