PDA

View Full Version : so sad

eda
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
My MIL's friend's baby died when he hit his head on the side of a coffee table. He was 10 mo old and learning to walk with mom and dad. He died instantly. It is such a tragedy , I can't stop thinking about it. My DD constantly takes the corner protectors off the furniture and I don't always put them back. I think I will super glue them on now.

wellyes
04-10-2010, 01:30 PM
WOW. That is horrible. I can't think of how that would even happen.... I can see getting a bruise but it'd have to really be a freak accident to hit at the right angle and velocity to cause death (let alone instant death). What a horrible tragedy.

sewarsh
04-10-2010, 01:31 PM
OMG! How is that even POSSIBLE!??!? I mean I guess its possible, but I've never heard of such a thing. That is SO SO horrible. I'm in tears and am sick to my stomach. I'm so sorry for them.

EllasMum
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
How terrible! I am so very, very sorry for your friend's loss (and yours). What a tragic accident. Hugs.

catpagmo
04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
WHAT!? OMG, that is horrible. My DS has hit his head a couple times on our coffee table, too. I've got goose bumps just reading this thread. I am so sorry for their loss.

ewpmsw
04-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Ohhh, that's so sad. My heart goes out to those parents.

Momit
04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
That is so awful. Our DS has gotten a few bumps and bruises on his head as he learns to run. We will be even more vigilant from now on. My thoughts are with that little boy's family.

Globetrotter
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
What a tragedy. I didn't realize this was even possible :(

MolieMuts
04-10-2010, 04:17 PM
This is so incredibly sad. When I was a child a little boy across the street from us died the same way. I was very young, but I remember my mom walking across the street crying after she found out. We took the tables out of our livingroom when DS1 was starting to cruise probably because of this. My heart goes out to the family.

PAfirsttimemom
04-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow. Both my boys have accidentally fallen on their heads from several feet up. I can't imagine how bumping into a table while walking could cause instant death. That is unbelievable, and so so sad.