PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost it

ewpmsw
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
More of a whine than a BP. Almost lost my mind in public yesterday and need to type it out. Took our family to a children's museum. It was super crowded, it was the end of the week from hell with visiting family and I was all emotional with pregnancy hormones. Toward the end of our visit, DD started screaming in pain because she was constipated. It took forever to get through meandering parents and kids to a bathroom with a changing table. (It's a childrens' museum - Why don't all the bathrooms have changing tables?) When we make it to the bathroom, someone's kid opens an emergency door and the alarm goes off for several minutes. Another mom follows DD and I into the bathroom and stands in there, not sure why - Maybe to get away from the alarm. Her three or four year old starts screaming immediately after every one of DD's cries. Not upset or anything, more for her own entertainment. My kid and her kid are screaming and it's echoing, and the alarm is blasting, and the woman is staring at me while I'm dealing with DD's behind. Ever had anyone watching you closely while you remove rock hard poo from your kid? It's unnerving. If she hadn't been so kind and offered me some wipes, I'd have asked why she was staring at us and why she kept letting her child scream, over and over. She offered me wipes when I was trying to decide if asking them to leave would make me look crazier. I just wanted to crawl under the changing table and get into a fetal position until the screaming and alarm stopped. I've never felt that close to crazy in my life. I know I looked crazy. Had to keep it together for DD, but OMG.

boogiemomz
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM
so sorry, mama. i've definitely had those moments when i seriously think i'm going to lose it, in situations less extreme than that. you are NOT crazy. we all have days when we think we're just going to snap, and when it's one thing after another like that, it's completely understandable. hang in there... there are better days ahead! :hug:

MamaSnoo
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
:hug: That must have really sucked. You are not crazy! Sorry you went through it.