PDA

View Full Version : Any high chair deals these days?

Momof3Labs
04-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't afford to have DDs' first words be four-letter swear words, and that's all that comes out of my mouth when I have to deal with our current high chairs. Combine that with a dayglow pink milk incident this week with the one chair, and I'm thinkin' that part of our tax return needs to go to new high chairs.

We already have two Kinderzeats so the Tripp Trapp deal doesn't appeal to me. We don't have enough kitchen chairs (yet) to go the strap-on booster route.

In store, the Gracos have appealed the most to me in terms of ease of use - tray release, etc. But I'm not sold on them and would consider another great deal, if anyone has seen one!

TIA!!

Lori

DebbieJ
04-10-2010, 07:07 PM
what about chairs from IKEA?

Our church has these http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99823975 if you want to see them in person before trekking to IKEA.

wellyes
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I have that IKEA chair and it's pretty good for a toddler but it definitely lacks many features you'd find on a Graco..... no recline, low seat back, no cushioning at all, only "lap belt" instead of a harness, etc.

Sears tends to have pretty good prices on high chairs, especially compared to BRU and Target. I'd look there.

Momof3Labs
04-10-2010, 07:40 PM
what about chairs from IKEA?

Our church has these http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99823975 if you want to see them in person before trekking to IKEA.

We have those at my mom's house. They are actually pretty decent for the price, but the tray doesn't remove (or at least not easily) making for a more challenging clean-up. I haven't ruled out this option, though, if we don't find something else reasonable.

the2bobs
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Not sure how much you want to spend but mamabargains.com often has the Svan high chairs for about $150.
We have the Boon Flair and it doesn't recline but I love how easy it is to clean. No fabric, just plastic. I've seen my friends' chairs that have fabric--crunchy and covered in baby food. I actually didn't want to put DS1 in it b/c it was so gross--and they weren't even using it anymore. The mashed peas just got lost in that print!

strollerqueen
04-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Combi high chairs are on sale at Zulily.

Swimfreak78
04-11-2010, 10:28 AM
We have the Fisher Price chair and also a booster. TRU is doing a sale this week if you spend x on certain things. Might work out for you./

Momof3Labs
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
We have the Fisher Price chair and also a booster. TRU is doing a sale this week if you spend x on certain things. Might work out for you./

This was the winner. I found a Graco high chair on clearance for $75, bought two of them, and this coupon code took off $30. Shipping was free, so I paid $125 for two high chairs + tax. I can live with that!