PDA

View Full Version : FP Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair

mylikuliku
04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi!

I am planning to get the FP Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair since I started to feed my son with solid food.
From Amazon description, it says that it has 7 height adjustment.
May I know is that mean I could set the chair to different height e.g., feeding while sit on the floor or feeding while I feed from the table?

BTW, I read some reviews from Amazon.
A lot of people commented that FP high chair only suitable for skinny baby.

How about compare to the Chicco Polly high chair? Which one is better and more spacious?

Sweetum
04-10-2010, 11:00 PM
BTW, I read some reviews from Amazon.
A lot of people commented that FP high chair only suitable for skinny baby.

DS is 14 mo and always has been in the 70 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for height, and we have the FP highchair. It has been good, and feel there is still a lot of room to grow. Definitely till he is 2.

SunshineAndMe

happymom
04-11-2010, 02:03 AM
We have the Fisher Price Rainforest High chair- DD is 16 month and on the skinnier side, but it seems like a roomy enough seat to fit a much bigger child. I could be wrong though. I know you didn't ask this, but since you're researching, I'll just add my two cents about the chair- I like the fact that its super easy to wipe down and clean. I like the fact that it has a buckle with shoulder straps (that was especially good when DD was a young infant- we started solids early), and the toy actually has come in handy a lot more than I though it would. However, I HATE the fact that the wheels always lock by themselves- I know there have been posts about this before. DH even tried to break off the locks so this cant happen, but it just made matters worse. Now, when I want to move the chair across my hardwood floor, I have to LIFT it, or it will scratch the floor. Another complaint- the tray does not always click in easily and gets knocked to the floor (food and all) if its not fully clicked.

Don't know about the Chicco. Good luck with your choice!

AshleyAnn
04-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I have it and the height adjustments make it low enough you could use it as a regular chair for a toddler to sit in at the table without the tray but not really low enough you could use it while you're sitting on the floor IMO. I can try it later if you're really curious.

The polly chair fols much better than the FP. I cant get my tray to latch on to the back bars like its supposed to but I could on the polly. I think they are about the same size seatwise. I think some of the chicco covers can be machine washed - I gentle cycle washed my FP cover (not allowed per the label but i've done it with other hand wash only items without a problem) and it ruined the PUL.

Swimfreak78
04-11-2010, 07:46 PM
We love our FP high chair. I wipe it frequently with a sponge and that's all it needs. DS is just over 2 and 30 lbs. We have it pulled up to the table now and use the harness and for the most part do not use the tray.

mylikuliku
04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
I finally ordered the FP high chair from Amazon.
Hope I will like it!