PDA

View Full Version : Poop on Carpet

arivecchi
04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
It's been a wonderful day here. DS1 waited exactly 45 minutes before a house showing to poop in his room (could not get to the potty on time) and tried to take his poopy underwear off and made a huge mess all over his carpet. :barf: I used wipes to clean as much as possible and then wiped the dirty spots with carpet cleaner and old rags. How can I clean this even more before I can get a carpet cleaning service in here?

JBaxter
04-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I always found Natures Miracle worked well for poo/pee stains and smells. Its found at the pet store.

ewpmsw
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Oh, man, bad timing! Air out the room and break out the Oxyclean. We've used a shop-vac to get the moisture up after cleaning vomit out of DD's carpet. It got the residual yuck up, too. GL!

KathyN115
04-10-2010, 08:35 PM
We used to live in a house with wall-to-wall white berber carpeting - I don't recommend it. What saved us was our own carpet cleaner ( just a hoover spinscrub) and this stuff:

http://www.meijer.com/s/spot-shot-carpet-stain-remover-pack-of-12-14-oz-ea-/_/R-118566?cmpid=goobase&CAWELAID=317725755

This stuff is awesome, and cleaned spaghetti sauce out of above carpet. I might also try something for pets (no idea what) but I am sure they sell stuff for when dogs/cats poop on the floor.

Good luck! something like that would happen here too.

BabyMine
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
We used to live in a house with wall-to-wall white berber carpeting - I don't recommend it. What saved us was our own carpet cleaner ( just a hoover spinscrub) and this stuff:

http://www.meijer.com/s/spot-shot-carpet-stain-remover-pack-of-12-14-oz-ea-/_/R-118566?cmpid=goobase&CAWELAID=317725755

This stuff is awesome, and cleaned spaghetti sauce out of above carpet. I might also try something for pets (no idea what) but I am sure they sell stuff for when dogs/cats poop on the floor.

Good luck! something like that would happen here too.

:yeahthat: I love Spot shot. Right now we are using Bio-Kleen back out stain and odor eliminator.

arivecchi
04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks. I will try to find one of those two. I hate carpets.

infomama
04-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Been there. I used a hand held spot cleaner (like the spot bot but not exactly the same) and went over and over it. Then I put an enzyme (like Natures Miracle...we use a different one but enzyme cleaner all the same) cleaner on it and let that air dry. You can get it clean it just takes a little work and time.

fortato
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
We swear by Woolite Oxy-Deep. As much as I love Nature's Miracle, it didn't get the stains out like Oxy-Deep.

twowhat?
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I second Nature's Miracle. Our dog had a bad diarrhea accident while we were at work, it sat in the carpet for hours before we discovered it (poor thing tried to hide it in a corner). It took some scrubbing, but Nature's Miracle got it ALL out.

kcimato
04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I'll third Nature's Miracle. Might not work as well, though since it has already dried. If wet, spry the area and let it sit for 5 min or so. Then I blot, don't rub, the area with paper towels. I use the bottom og my shoes to blot.

arivecchi
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
So I was only able to find the Woolite Oxy-Deep. Any tips on how to use it?

AnnieW625
04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
No tips on how to use the Oxy Deep, but I think I have read decent reviews of the stuff in some parenting magazine. Next time also try Folex, that works on dop poop when my stupid dog decides to poop at one place at my Grandma's house (she never has this problem at our house!).