PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day weekend party: Which day is best?

ourbabygirl
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
DH and I would like to have a kid-friendly party the weekend of Memorial Day, and before we plan it I'd love your opinions. If you're in town Memorial Day weekend, would you be more likely to go to a party that Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? And if you have little ones (like age 4 and under) would you rather do a late morning + lunch thing (like 10-12 or 1) to get home in time for the afternoon nap, or a late afternoon + dinner thing (like 4-7)? Any fun activities/ games/ foods that have been hits with your kids and/or guests at your parties?

Thanks! :bowdown:

lalasmama
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
My neice was born Memorial day weekend, and even a Saturday noonish party met with lots of people out of town.... Like 50-75% of the invites got declined.

wellyes
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I'd aim for Monday late.

I'm going away that weekend - and so are a bunch of people I know - but hotels / campsites generally make you check out before lunch. So Monday for many people is spent packing up in the morning, driving home in the afternoon, but the evening is free.

SnuggleBuggles
04-11-2010, 10:03 PM
I like any of the days but would probably pick Monday for dinner.

Beth

maydaymommy
04-11-2010, 11:19 PM
monday, late!

kristenk
04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm going to go against the majority of other posters. My pick is either Saturday or Sunday from 4-7. I wouldn't have to worry about getting up for school (or work or preschool) the next day, so getting to bed a little later than normal wouldn't be a problem.

I generally like to have the last evening of the weekend to get stuff ready for the upcoming week. I feel rushed and like I didn't have enough time if I have a planned event the evening before the first day in the work week. I'll freely admit that it's probably a personal quirk, though!