PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Carter died

BabyMine
04-10-2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.tmz.com/

Dixie Carter -- best known for her role on the television show "Designing Women" -- passed away at the age of 70.

Her husband, Hal Holbrook, told "Entertainment Tonight, "This has been a terrible blow to our family ... We would appreciate everyone understanding that this is a private family tragedy. Thank you."

Carter recently earned an Emmy nomination in 2007 for her guest stint on "Desperate Housewives."

She is survived by her two daughters, Mary Dixie and Ginna.

KpbS
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Oh goodness! She never seemed old to me--just a great actress.

Fairy
04-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Oh, that's too bad. Always liked her.

DietCokeLover
04-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh wow. I wonder if she had been sick. So sad, I loved Designing Women.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
04-11-2010, 12:49 AM
She was so beautiful and classy. Such a true lady!

elizabethkott
04-11-2010, 08:49 AM
So sad. Those long and involved "tell-off" monologues were the BEST.

wellyes
04-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for posting, I do like Dixie Carter. Her Designing Women character was so confident and strong and unashamedly feminist. Like no one on TV these days. Kind of Bea Arther-esque but Dixie Carter never had to make jokes at her own expense about being unattractive.

I'm a little surprised Hal Holbrook is still with us, he is considerably older than her. But if she suffered from a long illness it is good he was able to be with her.

sunshine873
04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh that's too bad. I did always like her. Her character on Designing Women was the epitome of a classy lady.

maestramommy
04-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh how sad! I didn't even know she was ill. I always loved her on designing women. So full of spunk, totally confident. Very funny too!

gatorsmom
04-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know what she died of? That's probably a silly question as you wouldn't all be asking too if you knew. It's just so hard to envision her ill. I guess I'll always picture her vibrant, strong and beautiful. I'm a fan of Hal holbrook too. I didnt know they were married. They seem like they would have been perfect together.

Rest in peace, Dixie.

BabyMine
04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know what she died of? That's probably a silly question as you wouldn't all be asking too if you knew. It's just so hard to envision her ill. I guess I'll always picture her vibrant, strong and beautiful. I'm a fan of Hal holbrook too. I didnt know they were married. They seem like they would have been perfect together.

Rest in peace, Dixie.

It hasn't been released yet. I was stunned becasue it was unexpected.

Corie
04-11-2010, 04:28 PM
She was only 70 years old. From what I've read, Hal Holbrook (her DH)
won't release how she died or where she died.