PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any idea why my left eyelashes keep falling out?

sewarsh
04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
This has been a recurring problem for me for about 5 years now. Just one day I'll wake up and be missing eyelashes...A LOT OF EYELASHES! For instance, there is a clearly visible space right in the smack of the middle of my eyelid with no lashes. lashes on the left adn a couple on the right. its been bothering me for years. They grow back eventually, but it just plain old sucks.

I'm healthy, no issues that i'm aware of (other than Vitamin B12 deficiency). My lashes have always been pretty fine and thin (like my hair).

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

hellokitty
04-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you sleep on your left side? Maybe they are rubbing off b/c you sleep on that side or maybe you rub your left eye at night. I have really bad allergies and rub my eyes a lot during that time and definitely loose more lashes.

sewarsh
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
i seem to notice it when i sleep with eye makeup on and rub my eyes in the morning (we were staying at friends this past weekend - had an out-of-town wedding...a little too tipsy to deal with washing the face, etc.)

happymom
04-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Hmmm, so maybe the mascara makes your lashes hard/brittle and more likely to fall out when rubbed? Sounds pretty logical to me. I would try to be diligent about removing eye make-up for the next couple of month and see if it stops happening.