PDA

View Full Version : Crib for grandma and vacation home

lvhkitty
04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
The Pack n Play was fantastic with the bassinet but my daughter only likes to play in it. She won't nap or sleep overnight.

I give up. Now we're looking at cheap but safe cribs for visiting grandma, or vacation home.

I'm scared at what my MIL will buy herself or borrow!

Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking IKEA.

YouAreTheFocus
06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Did you come up with anything? We need something cheap for Grandma's as well. He'll probably only use it 1-2 times a year!

twowhat?
06-11-2010, 03:48 PM
I think IKEA is a great place to get a cheap, safe, full-sized crib for Grandma's. We have IKEA cribs for ourselves and they're great. Their cheapest one is something like $79. Buy a nice foam mattress for $39 from IKEA too and you've got yourself a home-worthy crib:)

eta: as long as grandma is fine with leaving the crib out and doesn't need it to be foldable for storage.

lvhkitty
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
My daughter spent her first night away from home as well as several good naps in a Pack and Play. A friend had said to let her cry - and after she was really tired, she slept in it at least 4 times (only less than 5 min of crying).

I am going to IKEA though for a toddler bed. If she can make it through the summer, then next summer she'll be old enough for that.

Otherwise we'll try the Peapod.