PDA

View Full Version : When will Gymbofriends allow new members?

twodogs
04-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Is anyone here on both boards and able to provide insight? I am frustrated looking at all the interesting-sounding threads on the HA section and then not being allowed to read them. Thanks for any help. I emailed the admin weeks ago but haven't heard anything.

citymama
04-12-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm on both boards (as are a few others) - will check and see if I can find out anything. Meanwhile, what specifically are you interested in finding out re Hanna threads?

Sweetum
04-12-2010, 03:24 AM
what is gymbofriends? and how is it related to HA?

lchang25000
04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I just joined this board: http://www.gymboplace.com/gymboplace-com-community/

They have a HA/Boden section.

mom2binsd
04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I was just going to suggest gymboplace, it's a lot easier to navigate and join.

citymama
04-13-2010, 12:19 AM
what is gymbofriends? and how is it related to HA?

GF is a kids clothing specific board. They have sub-sections for different brands, obviously Gymboree, but also Hanna, Gap, Boden, Naartjie etc.

twodogs
04-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the quick replys. I am interested in just generally reading about HA and also purchasing some NWT items from older lines that I am not seeing on eBay. Thank you!

MamaSnoo
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have always wondered about these sites too...are they just places for people to talk about the clothes and shopping or do people sell/swap as well?

citymama
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have always wondered about these sites too...are they just places for people to talk about the clothes and shopping or do people sell/swap as well?

I don't know about other sites, but Gymbofriends members sell/trade/give away clothes as well. I've never bought from GF (but veronica, Mirthful and others on the BB boards might have done so). I know they sell good quality/condition clothing, sometimes NWT, and so if you are looking for a particular line, it's a good place to look.

Minnifer
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks for pointing out gymboplace - just joined. Also curious to know what's going on w/gymbofriends...

athompson
04-14-2010, 04:28 PM
For those that are members, what does "flower power member" mean. I see that you need to reach this level before you can buy/sell/trade etc.
Thanks!

citymama
04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
For those that are members, what does "flower power member" mean. I see that you need to reach this level before you can buy/sell/trade etc.
Thanks!

You have to have a certain number of posts to subscribe to FP, which has a small fee associated with it. I'm eligible for FP, but haven't signed up. Other BBBers do use it though so maybe they will weigh in.

athompson
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
You have to have a certain number of posts to subscribe to FP, which has a small fee associated with it. I'm eligible for FP, but haven't signed up. Other BBBers do use it though so maybe they will weigh in.

Thanks citymama!

nmosur
04-14-2010, 11:06 PM
On gymboplace.com you can buy without paying subscription but on gymbofriends.com you have to pay (flower power) to buy or sell. I think gymbofriends.com is closed for new members as of now.

rbsmom
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
I belong to both boards, but I pretty much stick w/gymboplace.com. I only buy, and it's super easy to navigate...

veronica
04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi, I just got back from vacation and read this thread.

I have flower power on Gymbofriends. It is 3.99 a month. I had been a member for about 9 months before getting it. YOu are not allowed to buy, sell or trade without it and can not view those sections within gymbofriends unless you subscribe. You also can't have a signature to your posts searching for things without it. There were certain older Hanna pieces I needed and decided to try it out for a month. I put the items I was looking for in my signature , and had gymbofriends contact me within a week! It was worth it.

I have kept it and since then, have gotten fabulous deals and also sold a bunch of things that won't be working for us this spring/summer. I like it much better than having to list on ebay! I have even done trades of things too with no issues.

I'm not sure when they will allow new members. It seems that over the holidays, some people had joined with the intention of buying cheap things just to resell them or to scam others out of money. I think they are working hard to try to prevent that in the future so they are tryint to limit new registrations. Seems as though when a member is banned for bad activity, many come back under different user names and tracking them has become a big pain for the administrators.

MontrealMum
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I know this thread is old but I thought I"d bump to see if anyone has any more info about Gymbofriends and when they might open up to more registrants? I'm getting prepared to get rid of some of DS' outgrown clothes and would like to investigate as many options as possible.

citymama
08-12-2010, 01:39 PM
AFAIK, the GF membership is still closed. I recently saw a post on GF with this question, but couldn't find it again to re-post here.

resipsaloquitur
08-12-2010, 02:07 PM
I wonder why it is closed? I mean, wouldn't it be in their/everyone's best interest if there were most posters, participants and buyer/sellers? I can understand maybe getting rid of old posters (like they got rid of my account info when I hadn't posted in a few years) but I would think they'd give you the option to rejoin. Just curious.

citymama
08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I wonder why it is closed? I mean, wouldn't it be in their/everyone's best interest if there were most posters, participants and buyer/sellers? I can understand maybe getting rid of old posters (like they got rid of my account info when I hadn't posted in a few years) but I would think they'd give you the option to rejoin. Just curious.

I think they had a serious problem with dishonest sellers and wanted to put in a better screen and monitoring facility. But it's been closed for about 10 months which seems like an awfully long time.