PDA

View Full Version : Finding Disney World Deals

mom2kaivi
04-12-2010, 04:01 AM
DH and I are thinking about taking the kids to Disney World this November. We've never been before. For those of you who are Disney veterans, can you offer any advice as to how to get the best deals. Is November a good time to go? How long should we go for?

Thanks

MeyersDVM
04-12-2010, 07:24 AM
www.mousesavers.com
www.DisBoards.com
www.allears.net

GREAT sites...... welcome to the Disney addiction. We just did a weekend trip and as soon as we were home I was planning the next one :)

JTsMom
04-12-2010, 09:01 AM
PP's recs for sites are perfect.

Also, sign up every email acct. you have with Disney- they send out PIN codes for great deals on occasion. Definitely aim for value season- end of November/early Dec. is our favorite time to go. Learn as much as you can before you book- it makes a huge difference!

onjbj
04-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Another great site for info is www.intercot.com

I agree, register your email addresses and they may send you some pin codes for promotions. November is definitely a good time to go... anytime school is in session is a good time to go- depending on the weather.

las710
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
November is a great time to go -- value season, but after the hurricane season is over and before the holiday craziness starts up. We went in mid-November last year and it wasn't crowded and the holiday decorations were already up and looked beautiful. They also had the Mickey's Holiday parties running in the evenings, though our kids were too young to do it.

We got a great deal at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a 2-bd, 2-ba villa via a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) member we found on www.disboards.com -- the DVC Rent/Trade Board. We paid $207/night including all taxes, fees, etc. It was nice to have a kitchen, washer/dryer and separate bedrooms (we brought my mother-in-law with us). By staying at DVC, we also were able to buy the dining plan which worked great for us and was totally worth it for the character meals alone.

In addition to the websites mentioned above, the Disney Board on this site is really good too -- make sure to look there as well.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Lisa