PDA

View Full Version : What to send to daycare?

TwoBees
04-12-2010, 11:43 AM
DD starts daycare next week. What should I send with her, other than diapers, wipes, bottles, a change of clothes, and sheets for the crib?

doberbrat
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
hat, jacket, lovey/comfort item, swaddling blanket if they need it, bib

I send multiple outfits. I know at home its certainly possible to have more than 1 blowout. plus I want them to have outfits for multiple weather scenarios.

boolady
04-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Does your daycare have a suggested list? IIRC, ours had a list of suggested items to leave there. I would definitely include more than one change of clothes, extra bibs, an extra sheet, an extra blanket or two for the crib if you use them at all, sunscreen, extra socks and a light jacket, depending on weather. Given your DD's age, I'd take extras of almost everything...DD was always good for a blowout diaper or two every few days, and you never knew what was going to get it. Does your DD use a pacifier for napping? If so, I'd leave a few extras in her cubby or bag.

AnnieW625
04-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I always send an extra set of clothes, bib, bottles, and formula (if that isn't provided). I used to premix the formula and send it a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle. Extra wipes.

mommylamb
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
diaper rash cream, sun screen.

wendibird22
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I 2nd asking them. My DCP provides bibs, cups, spoons, etc for babies once they start on solids. I was thrilled to know that I didn't have to send all that extra stuff. DD2 has a crib sheet, blankie, lovey, a few changes of clothes (2 pants, 2 shirts..one long sleeve, one short), diaper cream, dipes, wipes, and a paci (though she doesn't really use it). I will send a hat and sunscreen once the weather turns warmer.

I have 2 daycare bags. One is packed with sheet, blanket, lovey, and changes of clothes and that stays at DCP all week and comes home on the weekend to be washed. The other bag that goes to/fro daily just has her bottles of BM.

Ceepa
04-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Ask them. Some of the items listed above were provided (for example, bibs and crib sheets for the littlest kids) by the center.

Sweetum
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Everyday, I send food (he's 14 mo now) - lunch (in a funtainer), 3 snacks, and a bottle of milk, a bib, a washcloth, jacket.

I keep with them - a sippy cup (no longer used), a straw cup (for water and also his second milk which they provide), a change of clothes (not a big fan of leaving too many clothes with them since I'd prefer they be worn regularly, and he doesn't normally have diaper blowouts), diaper cream.

I leave with them a big pack of diapers and wipes and replenish whenever they run out.

When he was still doing 2 bottles during the time he is with them (till about a couple of weeks back) they would wash the bottle there and give it to him the 2nd time. I did not leave a 2nd bottle. I stopped sterilizing his bottles a long time ago.

I also leave a blanket and his toy monkey (Henry), which come back regularly (ideally once a week, but sometimes they/I forget) for me to wash them.

ETA: forgot to mention - I used to send a spoon, but found out that they wouldn't always use it, so I stopped . They use their own. They also do light snacks like cookies, and goldfish crackers, but I prefer that they feed my food first and then if he wants more, their food.