PDA

View Full Version : IKEA experts- a question

Kymberley
04-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Do IKEA stores have inventory that isn't listed on the website? I have a specific wood shoe rack/bench on my shopping list. I went to the website to show it to DH, and it's no longer on the site. I'm so bummed! Does this mean that they are no longer selling it? Is trekking the 2 hours to the store the only way to find out for sure if they have it, or do you think I can call and ask someone? TIA

SnuggleBuggles
04-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I find things in the store that aren't online or in the catalog. I would call. I also found that the IKEA closest to me is "independent" or something like that and their prices may differ as a result.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM
i would call and ask.

a lot of times they have things on the website that isn't available in stores, and i'm guessing vice versa happens too. i remember there was one nightstand that was on their website for like 8 months or so before it finally came in stock anywhere. it was such a new item that i guess it came out on the site before any stores actually got it.

and can i ask what the name of the wood shoe rack/bench is it? i have a shoe rack/bench from LEVSVIK (sp?) that i got maybe a year or two ago, and it is no longer on the site anymore. there was another thread earlier on here where someone was looking for a bench that was very similar, yet it was no longer on the website. not sure what the outcome was though

here is a link to the shoe rack i'm thinking of, it's the little thumbnail underneath "best value". is this what u are talking about? this is what i have, yet it's no longer on websites.

http://www.tibesti.com/articles/Best-Shoe-Racks/IKEA-Leksvik-Shoe-Rack/364/3277

Kymberley
04-12-2010, 02:13 PM
i would call and ask.

a lot of times they have things on the website that isn't available in stores, and i'm guessing vice versa happens too. i remember there was one nightstand that was on their website for like 8 months or so before it finally came in stock anywhere. it was such a new item that i guess it came out on the site before any stores actually got it.

and can i ask what the name of the wood shoe rack/bench is it? i have a shoe rack/bench from LEVSVIK (sp?) that i got maybe a year or two ago, and it is no longer on the site anymore. there was another thread earlier on here where someone was looking for a bench that was very similar, yet it was no longer on the website. not sure what the outcome was though

here is a link to the shoe rack i'm thinking of, it's the little thumbnail underneath "best value". is this what u are talking about? this is what i have, yet it's no longer on websites.

http://www.tibesti.com/articles/Best-Shoe-Racks/IKEA-Leksvik-Shoe-Rack/364/3277

That's the one! I guess I'm going to give them a call.