PDA

View Full Version : Mini Boden Lovers Please Explain the Draw

Bens Momma
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I enjoy looking through the catalog and the stuff looks super comfy. I know its popular and was just looking for opinions from fans. It's pretty pricey, so what sells you on it? What makes you/your DCs love it? I get that it looks "broken in" when you buy it, but does it hold up? Do your kids wear it to school? Asking out of pure curiosity as it seems pretty pricey and as we don't own any I was just wondering what makes it so popular?

Thanks for opinions!
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

MelissaTC
04-12-2010, 05:46 PM
I find it to hold up. We get more than one season out of the clothing (think at least 3 or 4 given our weather and M's growth pattern). Plus M just loves the styling.

mommylamb
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Honestly, as a mom of a boy, it's one of the few clothing lines that I think has interesting, cool stuff. There just isn't as much stuff for boys as there is for girls, but I think Boden's boy's clothes are really nice. That said, I only buy it on sale.

luvmypeanut
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM
They hold up well and even if I can't get more than a season out of them because kids grow like weeds, we can pass them on to friends or relatives several times. And my kids and I love the styling. The clothes are cool and aren't as tutti-frutti as Hannas sometime look. Having said that, we buy Hannas too, but about 70% of their wardrobe is Mini Boden.

AnnieW625
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I like the looks of the boy stuff much more than the girl stuff in the catalog. I am never drawn to order anything for DD so I have never ordered from them. I just don't really see the draw now.

hillview
04-12-2010, 06:45 PM
It holds up pretty well. It is well made and is cute/different. I buy boy stuff.
/hillary

Laurel
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
We've been getting around three seasons out of our Boden stuff. I very lucky that my MIL likes to shop Boden for her grandkids- unless it is really marked down, I don't buy it myself!

TwinFoxes
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I like the funky prints. But my girls are still small so I think it's easier for them to look cute in them. For older girls I can see why people might not like it (what 12 year old wears pink and white flowered pants?) I always buy on sale. So far the stuff has stood up really well. Their two packs of shirts are nice. I agree that the boys' stuff is nice. I can always tell boys Boden clothes at the park, and they look cute in person too!

mctlaw
04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Honestly, as a mom of a boy, it's one of the few clothing lines that I think has interesting, cool stuff. There just isn't as much stuff for boys as there is for girls, but I think Boden's boy's clothes are really nice. That said, I only buy it on sale.

This exactly-it's really hard to find cute, interesting boy stuff. I love the boy's applique tees and usually buy a couple each season along with a random pant or two when they go on sale.

arivecchi
04-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Honestly, as a mom of a boy, it's one of the few clothing lines that I think has interesting, cool stuff. There just isn't as much stuff for boys as there is for girls, but I think Boden's boy's clothes are really nice. That said, I only buy it on sale. Word. I love Mini Boden and Polo for boys. That is it.

WatchingThemGrow
04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I've found a source or two for cute used stuff, and DD LOVES the fun appliques that are so different. She has a "drinking shirt" with thick stripes on the sleeves that is her absolute favorite right now. DS LOVES his bus shirt. We enjoy a few items out of each catalog, but a bit of it is too crazy for our tastes. The fact that most of their stuff doesn't have words on it which is DH's pet peeve. He's not into dots, but his favorite dress for DD is the Pretty Party Dress (http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Sale/Girls-Dresses/Party-Dresses/33106/Girls-Pretty-Party-Dress.html) from last fall in purple. We've had great washing experiences - no twisting seams. We have 70% Hanna though probably, 10% MB, the rest whatever.