PDA

View Full Version : A comment that I honestly had never heard before...

TwinFoxes
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I was checking out at Wegmans today, and the cashier asked if the girls were twins, and he said he'd never seen twins before! :47: Wha-ha? I asked him to repeat it, because I was sure I had misheard. He had to be at least 18, because he sold me a bottle of wine, I would guess he was in his early 20s. I usually see another set of twins every time I shop at that store! I couldn't believe he'd never met twins before. He thought it was so cool. He told me he had heard they are good luck, I said well they are for me. :)

happymom
04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow! That is unusual! You sure he didn't say he'd never seen such cute twins before? ;)

BeachBum
04-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Are yours identical? Perhaps that was the confusion?
Regardless, that IS a strange comment. :)

wellyes
04-13-2010, 09:17 AM
I once had a 30ish-looking grocery store checkout guy ask me "what is this" and hold up a bundle of *asparagus*. Some people are just either not very observant or have an extremely narrow range of experience.

Melaine
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Hmmm he must be really not observant. Where they dressed alike? I'm guessing he never thought much about it and just hadn't ever noticed identical twins that were dressed alike......it does seem odd.

arivecchi
04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Weird! Did he take a :28:? :rotflmao:

JoyNChrist
04-13-2010, 12:11 PM
That's bizarre. Although I once had a teenage girl sit down next to me on a bench while I was nursing DS and exclaim "I didn't know you could DO that!" Well honey...what did you think they were for? ;)

Melaine
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
that's bizarre. Although i once had a teenage girl sit down next to me on a bench while i was nursing ds and exclaim "i didn't know you could do that!" well honey...what did you think they were for? ;)

whoooooaaaaa.

elektra
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Weird! Did he take a :28:? :rotflmao:

When I first saw this smiley I thought he was taking a toke off of a "special" cigarette! LOL!
Which could have also been the case with this never-seen-a-twin-before boy. ;)

TwinFoxes
04-13-2010, 11:20 PM
It was really bizarre! I said you've NEVER met twins before?? He said no. They weren't dressed identically, but very similarly. I asked if he's from around here and he said not really. Hmmm. If it were a TV show, he'd be an alien. "I've heard twins are good luck...on our planet they don't exist" ;)

dowlinal
04-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow! That would definitely throw me off.

Every time I think that I've heard it all regarding twin comments someone just proves me wrong. Last week at the zoo, some woman looked in at my boys in their stroller and told her friend that my boys were "clearly not identical since one boy was wearing shoes and sockes and the other had bare feet." I wanted to add, "Yes, it's the shoes that help us tell them apart, that and the fact that one is dark haired, olive skinned, and has brown eyes while his brother is blonde, fair, and blue eyed."

kijip
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
I once had a 30ish-looking grocery store checkout guy ask me "what is this" and hold up a bundle of *asparagus*. Some people are just either not very observant or have an extremely narrow range of experience.

Exactly. I was with my brother and my nieces and some couple claimed to have never met a gay parent before (he's a gay SAHD). They were not negative, just noted they had never met anyone before like my brother. They said they have lived in Seattle all their lives, so I dunno which rock they were under but whatever, it happens. I have a friend with fraternal twin girls who gets told all the time they can't be twins at all because they look so different. Um, they are NOT identical twins.