PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can donate a used swingset?

sewarsh
04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
We're getting a new one next weekend and although the existing set is old, it could be put ot good use somewhere (assuming it can be moved!).

I could put it on CL, but my DH would like me to try to donate somewhere where we can get a tax deduction.

Anyone have any ideas?

wellyes
04-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Are you capable of moving it yourself or would you need it to be picked up? If you can move it you'll have a lot more options.

Friends of ours recently got a big swingset off of Freecycle, it was a very very big deal for them and was greatly appreciated.

Tondi G
04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I would put it on craigslist. Not sure you would be able to find a place to donate it... you could see if there are any women's shelters around that have outdoor space and would like it?

On craigslist I bet you will have it gone fast. I was searching for a swing set on craigslist and so many of them were taken when I called. Most people will disassemble and haul it away without any help from you (which is what we ended up doing, my DH and I were working hard and the people were relaxing in their pool/hot tub with their children)

ewpmsw
04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Church or community center.