PDA

View Full Version : Can morning sickness go away and then come back?

JoyNChrist
04-13-2010, 09:44 AM
I was horribly, horribly sick from about week 5 to week 13 with this pregnancy (hospitalized twice, tried all the prescriptions, etc). Praise God, it finally cleared up and I've felt like a living person for about a month now. Except that yesterday and today, I've been feeling the same as I did before - nauseous all day, vomiting pretty regularly, major food aversions.

Please tell me this is a just a bug or the plague or something. Anything but "pregnancy poisoning"! :(

ETA - I was never, ever sick with my pregnancy with Avery, and I definitely took that for granted.

Moneypenny
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry to tell you, but I had a two week respite from morning sickness at about 15-16 weeks and then it came back and lasted up until the day I gave birth.

g-mama
04-13-2010, 10:20 AM
It can...and it did for me. I had horrible m/s with all three of my babies, but remember with the second one it would come and go. I remember thinking I was done with it and being so happy, only to have it make a reappearance.

So sorry you're feeling badly.

Andi98989
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
It definitely can.

My SIL is a L&D nurse and they've had patients who were horribly sick and ended up on a Zofran pump.

I wonder if this would work? No clue how much it costs: http://www.primabellarx.com/

fortato
04-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh Yes. It certainly can. And then it can go away, and come back again when you only have 8 weeks to go.

It's wonderful. And it's especially joyful when you have a 3 year old that refuses to let you sit on the couch and eat your saltines in peace.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
i had m/s from about week 6 to about week 16. but i do remember getting sick a couple times around week 18 or week 20, and after that having a few nausea spells here and there..mainly when my tummy was empty. then, towards the end of 3rd trimester, i remember the nausea coming back again..i guess maybe it had something to do with heartburn, due to baby pushing on esophagus etc. still nothing compared tothe all-day sickness of first trimester. then i remember getting very violently ill @ 38 weeks, while laboring at home with DS (that was another clue i was in "real labor")

boltfam
04-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, it can. I called my doc when I started feeling nauseous again around 32 weeks. Heartburn can definately trigger nausea but my doc's office said it can also be triggered by the boost in hormones at the end of pregnancy. We'll hope it IS just a bug, for your sake. (((hugs)))