PDA

View Full Version : $1 books - Sortfloorbooks resurrected as BHFO - still good deals

b194962
04-14-2010, 11:13 PM
It took longer than advertised, but the company who bought Sort Floor books is finally up and running (sort of) - as BHFO.

It's basically an Ebay Store for now, looks like they plan to ultimately have their own website
http://www.bhfobooks.com/

A lot of books for 1$
Looks like shipping will be $4
One thing I always used to love getting were "Sticker Stories" $1
Also they have Fisher Price lift the flap books $1-2

Anyone ordered anything yet?

jgenie
04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
How do you think shipping works? BIN for each item and then they automatically combine into one shipment?

ETA: They don't combine shipping.

Do you combine shipping?
We have priced our inventory to take into consideration the cost of the book and the shipping charge. At this time we do not offer combined shipping for our merchandise.

HallsofVA
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM
The FAQ on the website says no combined shipping. So it would be $4 shipping per book, making the $1 books now $5. That's where they lost me.

buddyleebaby
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
What a shame. Sortfloor was such a great site.

ett
04-14-2010, 11:50 PM
The FAQ on the website says no combined shipping. So it would be $4 shipping per book, making the $1 books now $5. That's where they lost me.

That makes no sense at all. :confused:

s7714
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
What a shame. Sortfloor was such a great site.

I agree. I'm really bummed about it because I got so many great deals from Sort Floor. BHFO won't be getting any of my business with the way they currently have it set up.

Babymakes3
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I LOVED sortfloorbooks and with this stupid $4 shipping per book I won't be ordering from the new people.
Are there any other sites like sortfloorbooks used to be?

ett
04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I LOVED sortfloorbooks and with this stupid $4 shipping per book I won't be ordering from the new people.
Are there any other sites like sortfloorbooks used to be?

I ordered regularly from bookcloseouts.com before I discovered sortfloorbooks.

s7714
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I ordered regularly from bookcloseouts.com before I discovered sortfloorbooks.

I recommend bookcloseouts.com too. They have really good sales at times.

alirebco
04-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Wow, that's a big mistake on their part - wth were they thinking?? I also loved the sticker books especially since we use them when we eat out.

funda62
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Oh no that is terrible news. I loved Sortfloorbooks too. Well I hope people read the policies before buying. $4 to ship a book is really just a circumvention of eBay fees.

nupe
04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
There was a book I was planning to buy right before SFB shut down and it was around $4, and it would have been FS since I had some other things in mind. So the same book is now $4 PLUS $4 shipping. And the same place is selling the same book through AMAZON at the same $4 PLUS $4 shipping. So no, I'm not buying from the new "improved" cs oriented SFB.

chilly
04-17-2010, 12:53 PM
www.alibris.com has many used books for $1.99 --- and you can qualify for free shipping!:wavey:

angiesscripts
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I thought you guys might find this useful.

I messaged BHFO books about their policy on combined shipping here is his response:

Hopefully we can get our standalone site up within a month or two here, I’m sorry it’s not available yet. We have moved the business and have begun full operations again. We are starting our listings on a market by market basis, beginning with Amazon and eBay first.

Our listings are also available on half.com, and will soon be available on alibris.com and abebooks.com.

When our standalone site is launched, we will through that site offer combined shipping discounts and more unique promotions.

As far as tailoring our standalone site for our customers, if you have any suggestions or promotions which worked out well that were previously offered by Sort Floor, or particular titles or genres you’d like to see available, we’d be glad to hear them, and will carefully consider them as we work towards the policies and features of our new site.

Thank you,

Jason Dwyer
BHFO Books, LLC.