PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible to do...??

newg
04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I found a website that is selling the Bumbleride Indie Twin 2009 for $529.
Can I go through Bing to Diapers. com and ask them to pricematch the stroller...........have my husband (or sister/mother) register as a new user and buy the stroller and use the 10% new member coupon...........and then get additional % off through bing??

If it's possible I may be able to get the stroller for almost $100 off!!!

BabyMine
04-15-2010, 11:28 AM
It's worth a try.

emily_gracesmama
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Diapers dot com remembers your computer so use a different
one if u try to use your info to get yourself a referral credit
personal experience from the other day!

lowrioh
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
You have to make sure that the billing address and the shipping address are not the same as previous orders. I had success with ordering something with my sisters information, paying with paypal and having it shipped to a neighbor.

newg
04-15-2010, 01:01 PM
You have to make sure that the billing address and the shipping address are not the same as previous orders. I had success with ordering something with my sisters information, paying with paypal and having it shipped to a neighbor.

so if I had it shipped to my parent's house........and paid for it myself it would work?
I could use DH's computer to register as a new user too.

Ohhhhhh I am getting excited now!!!

now I just have to convince DH that this is a great deal and we can always return it if we change our mind once the baby is born.

lowrioh
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't think it would work if you used a credit card account with the same billing address as a previous order. I think I used my sister's address as a placeholder billing address and then went through my regular paypal account to pay.
You may have to play with it a little to get it to work. Either that or just have a family member order it and reimburse them.

saddie23
04-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Can I go through Bing to Diapers. com and ask them to pricematch the stroller...........have my husband (or sister/mother) register as a new user and buy the stroller and use the 10% new member coupon...........and then get additional % off through bing??

Would you mind sharing what website you found the Indie twin at for $529? We have been looking into that stroller too!

I also saw a code on retailmenot that is for 10% any one item on your diapers.com registry...maybe you can set up a registry with the stroller on it and use that code instead of the new member coupon? (I haven't tried it - I just saw the code and thought I would mention it!)

act000
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Try Googling "Bumbleride Indie Twin 2009" I got several cheap results. Or go to Bing shopping and search - I got a result for $495 w/10% cash-back. (Almost as good without the hassle!)

Sidenote - Does anyone know how easy this is to fold? I got a 2004 EasyWalker Duo (off Mamabragains) but I don't like it because it doesn't have a "one-hand" fold. I have to be able to quickly fold it up and stick it in the trunk....

Dream
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Billing and shipping addresses should be different to the first accounts and then you should be able to do it.

lowrioh
04-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Sidenote - Does anyone know how easy this is to fold? I got a 2004 EasyWalker Duo (off Mamabragains) but I don't like it because it doesn't have a "one-hand" fold. I have to be able to quickly fold it up and stick it in the trunk....

I have not played with the Indie Twin but I have a single and I seriously doubt that a "one-hand" fold is possible. The fold on the 2007 single is a little tricky at first but not difficult once you have the hang of it. I'm sure they've made improvements since then.

There is a video on YouTube showing the 2009 Twin's fold and it looks pretty easy but not "one-handed".

newg
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
surfsidebaby.com is the website............someone posted this on the stroller swap yahoo group.

I did register for the stroller.......and just got a 10% coupon through April to buy something off the registry.

dukie41181
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
How hard is it to set up a registry? I'd really like to get one too and would look for the easiest way to make it happen.

dukie41181
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I did register for the stroller.......and just got a 10% coupon through April to buy something off the registry.

How long did it take you to get the 10% coupon?

dukie41181
04-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Did it work?!