PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about school uniforms

jess_g
04-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Next year my dd will be going to a private high school that requires uniforms. The uniform consits of chino style pants, school polo, and a school fleece. Any ideas on where to buy the pants from? And how many shirts and pIts of pants she will need? She is going into high school. Also do the kids usualy where different clothes for pe? I have not heard anything from the school about that yet.

Thanks,

Jessica

SnuggleBuggles
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Lands' End is where I get ds1's uniform pants.

No PE uniform at ds1's school.

Beth

willow33
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Can you get info from the school? We have to buy the uniforms at certain stores so they are all similar and the color is the same.

Indianamom2
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
I would either wait a little longer to hear from the school or call them and ask if there is a specific company that they use. Some schools are more laid back than others on where the uniforms can be purchased.

DD is starting K next year at a Christian school that uses similar-sounding uniforms, but they buy them from a specific company. I got a brochure and website to use with her school code.

Honestly, I'd call the school. Not only will they be able to give you that answer, but in our case, they were also able to tell me that in July, I think, the uniforms would be on sale, so you might valuable info like that.

PearlsMom
04-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Again recommending calling the school. Especially if there is a logo/embroidery on the items, there's likel to be a distributor they work with. Also, lots of private schools do uniform swaps at the beginning/end of years (less so with HS, but still happend sometimes). You can get used uniforms cheap when someone else has had a growth spurt!

If the school doesn't require a specific store/distributor, I'd try to ask the parents of girls who already go there, if you know any. It often happens that there is an "in" style of pants or tops or shoes that HS girls, in particular, will want to fit in with. Yeah, encouraging conformity seems kind of backwards. But it's no fun to spend money on good quality items to have your kid refuse to wear them because they're not the right style.