PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ergo...

Pepper
04-17-2010, 07:47 PM
..it pulls (pushes?) my pants down!

I just brought home DS#2 from Korea. I took along an Ergo that a friend gave me as a hand-me-down (I was happy to have it). On the trip home, I noticed that it felt like my pants were falling off when I was wearing DS in the Ergo.

I spent some time messing around with the adjustments this afternoon. If I have it high enough around the waist to keep my pants on, the baby (13 months old and almost 26 lbs!) is too high on my back to be comfy. But if I put the baby lower down on my back, there go the pants again. (Well, they don't really fall off, of course - but it's an odd feeling).

I'm "short-waisted" and now I wonder if this carrier just won't work for me? Or the combination fo my body type and the size of my baby/toddler?? Any thoughts??? For DS#1 I used a back carrier that I bought in Korea but I had to stop using it when DS was ~ 1 year old, b/c I couldn't get him into it on my own anymore, so that's not an option for DS2.

Thanks!

catpagmo
04-18-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't have any suggestions, but the same thing happens to me when I use my Beco. No matter what I do, I cannot figure out how to keep it from pushing my pants down. I just got an Ergo, too (but haven't tried it yet), so I'm curious.....

I'll be watching this thread for suggestions!

larig
04-18-2010, 12:02 PM
I find that when I wear the ergo so that it is just below the belt on my pants, I don't get my pants sliding down. I tighten it well (this is key), and it's kind of like a second belt. If the ergo is above my pants I have problems. I also like to make sure I have a long shirt on and pull it down below the ergo before tightening.

Pepper
04-18-2010, 02:31 PM
I have to say - whew! i'm glad that it's not just me :-) Must be all these fashionable sits-below-the-waist jeans that are doing me in, haha. I'll try it out with a different pair that has the waistline at, well, the normal waistline and see how it goes.

Thanks!!

larig
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
BTW, I wear mine on my hips, like I would a nice big backpack. I think they are made for hips to bear a lot of the load, rather than your back or waist.

DebbieJ
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
BTW, I wear mine on my hips, like I would a nice big backpack. I think they are made for hips to bear a lot of the load, rather than your back or waist.

:yeahthat:

I wear it nice & tight on my hips and never have a problem.