PDA

View Full Version : Leap Frog Tag Reading System?

new_mommy25
04-18-2010, 03:40 AM
Opinions? Would this be a good choice for DD who is turning 4? What is the best way to buy it, separately or as a bundle? Thanks!

MommyofAmaya
04-20-2010, 10:16 AM
The Tag is easily the #1 toy in our house. Our soon-to-be 4yo has had it since 2.5 and has played with it every single day. A bundle with some books is not a bad idea as long as you are getting a deep discount on the books. Some people here have mentioned that the case is not large enough to hold all of their books, so you might want to get a cute backpack or something instead. Ours only holds 6 books at a time, so it is not a problem for us. My DDs birthday is in a couple of week and a new tag (that holds 12 books) is at the top of her wish list. Her brother will get her old one (he prefers it to his Tag Jr.).

It certainly isn't a hit for everybody, but it is unmatched in our house.

The current $39.97 deal at Amazon is the best I've seen in recent weeks (I have a Slickdeals alert on this).

DietCokeLover
04-20-2010, 10:21 AM
We have the TAG Jrs for our DC right now. They LOVE it. This is definitely a huge hit and is nice for me too as they will sit quietly in their beds sometimes and just "read" their books. The only thing I wish was different is that I wish they could hold more books on them. I think we can get 5 maybe 6 on ours and we have about 10 books. Just wish the memory was larger, but definitely love it.

I bought DD a TAG that I will give her maybe for Christmas and have started collecting books already when they are on a good sale/ clearance.

hillview
04-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Tag is NOT a big hit with us. The boys will use it for about 20 mins on a plane -- otherwise they are not interested. They are 2.5 and 4.5. They are also not that into other electronic toys (DS1 has a leapster2 -- new which he also didn't care much for).
/hillary

new_mommy25
04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the advice! DH and I went to TRU and were lucky to find the Tag system on sale for $34.99. It holds 10 books. It comes with the Cat in the Hat and will let DD choose more books after her birthday.

hellokitty
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
My boys go through phases where they will use it and then they won't touch it for a month. I don't really know how, "educational" it really is. DS2, who is the one who need more of the educational stuff seems to just enjoy using the pen to point to pictures to make noise more than anything...

mecawa
04-22-2010, 09:12 AM
I bought it for my my DD when she was 5, she loved it, but it really doesn't get used much any more, but she could already read all those books on her own, so that maybe why.