PDA

View Full Version : ARGH DH now scheduled

hillview
04-18-2010, 08:22 AM
to come home from his UK trip on WEDNESDAY. He was supposed to come home on last Friday. ARGH. Beyond annoyed. I was supposed to go on a business trip on Tuesday. That won't happen. ARGH.
/hillary

Snow mom
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm sorry. I hope he makes it home Wednesday. The whole thing sounds like a royal mess. I'm glad to not be the one trying to get all the passengers to their destinations.

plusbellelavie
04-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Ohhh that is frustating! Hopefully you can reschedule your business trip?

There are lots of people in similar situation across the US and Europe so hopefully everyone is being a bit understanding on what a headache this is causing for travelling community as a whole. I feel worse for all those stories on the news of travellers trying to get to a funeral or a wedding or the birth of their child (that one really got to me!)...or those families stuck in the airport in foriegn countries...what a headache that must be for them!

My DH is now on stand-by for a flight to Paris on Tuesday night so he will be in on Wednesday morning if all goes well...but then he will have to leave again Thursday for a super important already planned business trip to Germany (I have to say that I am kinda of hoping that one gets cancelled!)

IF he comes back Wednesday he will have been gone for 10 days...he was only scheduled to go for 4!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you DH and mine to be able to be in their respective homes Wednesday! Maybe they will cross in the skies over the Atlantic!

good luck!

hez
04-18-2010, 02:03 PM
DH has a flight out of Frankfurt booked for Tuesday (was supposed to fly home yesterday). If that doesn't work, he & his coworkers have flights scheduled out of Barcelona on Thursday (but Barcelona canceled flights today) and Madrid on Friday. Madrid is 'just in case,' but I think that's what will happen in the end. They haven't turned in their rental car, so they at least have a way to get to Spain. Glad these flights are on the company dime, and fully refundable.

Next door neighbor's husband is currently waiting it out in England. It's a mess, for sure. I finally accepted it, and my mom's arriving tonight for the week-- I needed DH to pick both kids up this week due to my meeting schedule, so Mom will save the day for me.

wellyes
04-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Frustrating! At least he has a good excuse. I bet he misses the kids.