PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bags and daycare

TwoBees
04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Forgive me if I asked a smiliar question already...I can't seem to find it.

Do you leave a diaper bag at daycare? Or do you just drop off what DC will need in the morning and take the bag with you? I can't seem to figure out what to do, it seems like it should be obvious. DH and I each have our own diaper bags for DD, he will be taking her to daycare every morning, and I will be picking her up. For some reason, I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to do this. I have no idea why.

KHF
04-19-2010, 10:43 AM
The daycare may have a policy about it. Our first daycare had space for us to bring a big diaper bag every day, so we did. I brought it in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon. Our subsequent daycares had less storage space, but would keep stocks of diapers, etc. there. Right now, I leave a bunch of diapers (usually about 2 weeks worth) and a couple of extra outfits for DS. I bring in a blanket for him weekly. We have a LeSportsac bag that's very compact that I bring his blanket, DD's blanket and pillow and all other things in on Mondays, then I take it all home in the same bag on Fridays.

When DS still had bottles, I just used a JJB Fuel Cell to transport those every day. You'll figure out something that will work for you!

deborah_r
04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
When my son was that age, I did the following: there was a small cubby to keep extra clothes for him. There was another place where they kept diapers. I brought his food and bottles every day and put in the fridge in a little basket with his name that the school provided. Sometimes I would leave a bag there (there was a spot for a bag to hang for each child) with more extra clothes, but usually I didn't. If I did leave a bag, I did not leave one that we used for day to day or on weekends, it was just a designated go-to-daycare bag. Usually I brought the most stuff on Monday, regarding extra clothes and diapers, put it in the appropriate places when I got there, and didn't have to bring anything but food/bottles the rest of the week.

AnnieW625
04-19-2010, 10:48 AM
We always left the bag at DD's daycare in the AM and picked it up in the PM.

Radosti
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Our kids have cubbies. We always leave two changes of clothing there and replenish if it gets used. We give them diapers and wipes and replenish as needed. We send in the bag with nap mat, blanket and quiet toys on monday and take it home Friday for washing.

The baby will also get a small kitchen cubby. There we will keep baby food, spare bottles, and an extra pacifier. We will bring bottles of breastmilk, yogurt, and sippy cups daily. There will also be a few spare packs of milk in the freezer. I always insist on signing a "do not dump" breastmilk form and pick up any unused breastmilk from the fridge at the end of the day. We feed the rest of it in the evening. Or if the baby doesn't want it, I put it in a cup and give it to one of the older kids. A few extra antibodies can't hurt and I am not throwing out hard earned breastmilk.

doberbrat
04-19-2010, 10:50 AM
we use a freebee sample bag for dc. its just to transport dc stuff to/from and its pretty small. I'd never leave my 'real' bag at dc b/c I keep stuff for me in it. makeup, sanitary supplies, $$.

TwoBees
04-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks. I'm thinking I need to go home and look through my storage container of bags and find a tote to use for daycare only.

HIU8
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
at the inhome daycare we used we brought stuff daily in the diaper bag. Except for diapers and wipes which we brought and kept there.

For the daycare/preschool my kids have cubbies and we bring seasonal clothes to keep there as well as diapers/pullups etc... when they need more. We do bring a backpack and a lunchbox daily.

wendibird22
04-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I use free bags from the formula companies for both girls. Our DC lets you keep the bag there. So I load it up on Monday and leave it there all week then take it home on Fri and wash everything. It saves my back and my sanity to not have to lug them back/forth each day of the week. The only thing that gets toted each day is DD2's bottle bag.

TwoBees
04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I use free bags from the formula companies for both girls.

We never got a free bag. :irked:How'd that happen?