PDA

View Full Version : What are you gifting your Mom(s) for MD?

MommyofAmaya
04-19-2010, 11:07 AM
I got my Mom and step-mom each a Halsea clutch a couple of weeks ago. I still have MIL and several grannies to buy for.

May is so difficult for us financially, we have Amaya's Bday, DH's birthday, MIL's bday, Mother's Day (with 7 different "moms" to buy for), and at least 2 graduating seniors every year.

hellokitty
04-19-2010, 11:26 AM
DH can figure out what to get his mom. She never seems happy with anything, so I'm sick of putting in an effort. For my mom, I got her two Callaway golf/tennis shirts.

crl
04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Brag books from this etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/marynelson with some pictures inside. (I just get my mom what I think she'll like and get MIL the same.)

Catherine

DrSally
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I got the Sound of Music gift pack from Costco awhile ago. It's my mom's fav movie, so I'm giving her that. I also got her a sofa recently.

LMPC
04-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm getting my mom a PB duvet (that's on sale - of course!) that I know she wants but will not buy for herself. And we'll take her out to lunch on the Saturday before.

klwa
04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I told DH he needs to find out if his mother wants anything that can double as her birthday/MD present, since he forgot to get her a brithday present. (BD was in January, and I was worn out/annoyed after having bought everything for everyone for Christmas.) I'll order my grandmother flowers at some point. That's all we've got to buy for anymore. I keep meaning to give to some sort of fund in memory of my mom for her birthday/mothers day/Christmas, but I keep not...

wendibird22
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Hanging flower basket for my mom and MIL. We get them every year from our local Scout troupe fundraiser and the moms are always very appreciative. Neither of them needs any more dust collectors for their homes. Can't wait until the girls are old enough to make them something.

citymama
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Fingers crossed and god willing, a new grand baby. :loveeyes:

MMMommy
04-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Dinner out somewhere.

DebbieJ
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I sent my MIL a photomug of the boys that I made on VistaPrint. $1.99 plus shipping and she will LOVE it. She lives out of state so I had it shipped right to her.

I'm thinking of just ordering a 2nd for my mom and for my stepmom. They'll both love it. ETA: Just ordered them and they're up to $4.99 now, but still a killer deal.

As for my grandma and DH's grandma, I have no idea. My grandma has Alzheimer's and is in a care facility, so she doesn't really need anything. DH's grandma lives out of state as well, so we usually just send her cards and she is happy with that.

ray7694
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
I just checked on the mugs and they are showing $14.99. Can you link it please.

cchavez
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
I have these and love them! I get a ton of compliments with them...I have the giraffe w/ pink trim. I am thinking about getting some for my mom and MIL. Although, I know my mom will think why did she give me grocery bags!!!???

AnnieW625
04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Fingers crossed and god willing, a new grand baby. :loveeyes:

:yeahthat:

I have done the photo mug too and my mom and my MIL liked it. I honestly haven't thought that far ahead yet, and my mom is always one of those people who doesn't need nor want a whole lot.

DebbieJ
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM
I just checked on the mugs and they are showing $14.99. Can you link it please.

Go through ebates and the sale will come up for you.

ray7694
04-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I went through ebates and now am getting a 4.99 charge for an uploaded photo design. Can anyone help. Does anyone have the direct link to the mug? Thanks!

maestramommy
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
It's been a while since I've given an actual gift for my mother's MD. I usually send a homemade card with a picture of the kids. She and my dad don't need any more stuff.

DebbieJ
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
I went through ebates and now am getting a 4.99 charge for an uploaded photo design. Can anyone help. Does anyone have the direct link to the mug? Thanks!

Vistaprint changes their sales and offers all the time. Today they might charge for the design and tomorrow it might be free. Sorry!

hannah
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I am giving my mom a pair of hand knit socks. DH's mom already received 4 of those garden stepping stones (kits sold at Joanns or Michaels). We had the grandkids each make one when we visited her in March so we gave them to her early.

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Hanging basket for MIL and patio planter for my mom. They were lovely last year and they got to enjoy them all summer. I try not to buy anything for my mom that will be a dust catcher or add any more clutter.

Beth

MommyofAmaya
04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
I am giving my mom a pair of hand knit socks. DH's mom already received 4 of those garden stepping stones (kits sold at Joanns or Michaels). We had the grandkids each make one when we visited her in March so we gave them to her early.

This might work for us. I'll have to check these out.