PDA

View Full Version : Any use for single strollers with twins?

socaintexas
04-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Good evening everyone. We have twin girls who are 5 months old. We recently bought a Baby Jogger City Elite Double and love it. We thought we would get a lighter double down the road. I am wondering, however, if anyone with twins has any use for single strollers? How well does it work to hook two singles together? I am looking at the Silver Cross Fizz on schnoop.com.

Melaine
04-19-2010, 07:37 PM
I never used one, but I know others have. I guess the times when I had just one kiddo I wanted to carry them because one-on-one time was such a novelty....

fivi2
04-21-2010, 01:25 PM
We used a Baby Jogger City Clasic double for everything, until the girls got older. When they were about 2 or 3 (can't remember) we bought two cheap umbrella singles that we use for theme parks, zoos etc. Where it is easier to split up. They certainly weren't necessary. I never used the connectors, but I hear they are a pain.

Oh yeah... I bought the first single umbrella at about a year old. At that point I wasn't using the infant carseat/carriers anymore. So for quick trips just to get from the car to music classes I would unbuckle one from the car, put in umbrella while I unbuckled the other (they couldn't stand/walk yet) and then push one from the car and carry the other. I wouldn't do this if I needed the stroller at our destination - I would just use the double. But for playdates or classes where I didn't want to deal with the big double but they couldn't walk yet, I used a single.

So not a lot of use and not early on. Our umbrella strollers are the dirt cheap ones.

twowhat?
04-21-2010, 10:21 PM
I never used one...I use a Beco for the situations that PP described. I unbuckle one from the car seat, buckle her into my beco and shift her onto my back, then carry the other for when I needed to make a quick trip somewhere that wouldn't accommodate a double stroller. This worked great for grocery store trips too when the store doesn't have double carts. One rode on my back while the other rode in the cart, and I could get a full load of groceries that way. My husband and I each have a beco which has been handy for trips to the park, etc when they want to get down and walk but then want to be picked up and carried when they get tired. For us, this was easier than taking a double stroller, then having both girls want to get out and walk off in different directions, which required me to follow one while my husband followed the other, abandoning the double stroller and then forgetting where we left it...