PDA

View Full Version : Canceled again

hillview
04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
DH's flight from the UK has been canceled again. He was supposed to come home last Friday, then Monday, then Wednesday, now Friday. ARGH. I KNOW there are folks a LOT worse off -- illness, traveling with little kids, special events to go to etc. I just need to whine.
thanks
/hillary

hez
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Flights seem to be leaving more regularly out of Spain than central Europe or the UK-- my DH is on his way from Frankfurt to Barcelona to catch a flight Thursday... We hope it actually takes off-- today's flights out of Barcelona to the US all went except 1-- good sign. Long flipping drive, though.

ETA-- that was meant as an idea for you all to consider. Read that the dang volcano spewed more ash tonight.

elektra
04-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh no! I have been reading about all the issues. It's almost unbelievable.

sste
04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Yikes! This is over the top inconvenient. Do you have any family that can help out? I would be pulling my hair out . . .

Hang in there.

mommyp
04-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh, that just sucks. I'm sure it feels worse that it keeps getting pushed back a little and a little rather than if it was meant to be a long trip. Survive!!

crl
04-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I can just imagine how frustrating this must be for you!

Catherine

elizabethkott
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh geez. :(
:grouphug:
Here's hoping he gets home safe and sound and SOON.

ewpmsw
04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Oh geez. :(
:grouphug:
Here's hoping he gets home safe and sound and SOON.

THIS. Sending good thoughts his way, and yours.

GlindaGoodWitch
04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
HUGS! I know crewmembers that have been there for over a week. I can't imagine. It seems like everything is going so far today & I know that my company at least is sending bigger planes to all destinations in Spain. Hope he gets home soon.