PDA

View Full Version : s/o of BpA ban--write your senator!

jse107
04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
I just wrote to both my senators to urge them to support a ban on BpA and increase food safety. I highly recommend that everyone here who agrees, also write to their senators. I am posting the message I used here if you want to just copy and paste.

Dear Senator Cardin,
I am writing to ask you to support a strong food safety bill not watered-down by the lobbyists of the GMA, North American Metal Packaging Alliance, or other various commericalized food groups. Specifically, it is my hope that you will support Senator Feinstein's efforts to ban bisphenol A in any food-related products.

In addition, please support increased funding for the FDA and USDA to increase the number of inspections that are being done at processing plants. I would urge you to consider supporting the House in asking for processing plants to shoulder some of that cost.

Please help product consumers from the increased power that the commercialized food industry has. It is disheartening to read time after time that the FDA/USDA are not always led by science, but instead by individuals and groups that are in the pockets of some of the major food/farming/chemical companies in the US. We need strong advocates in Congress to help keep us healthy!

Thank you for your time.

vonfirmath
04-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I would prefer that things that have BPA be listed on the package and let the consumer decide what they want to spend their money on.

Right now, after all, a ban on BPA would mean that canned tomatoes would get outrageously expensive. Some of us choose to buy a few things knowing they have BPA because the tradeoff s worth it. A outright ban would take our choice away.