PDA

View Full Version : At what age did dc outgrow Little People?

tmarie
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
We have a TON of Little People toys, but they barely get touched. Dd#1 didn't play with them at all. Dd#2 did starting very young, but now at 22mo she is much more interested in her big sister's Loving Family dollhouse. I'm dropping off some things at a consignment tomorrow, and wondering if I'll regret selling these now...I hate to see them gather dust and take up so much room in our play area! :)

Neatfreak
04-20-2010, 09:26 PM
My kid who is turning six in June still loves the playsets. She would rather play with them than her bigger dollhouse and Barbies. Very much a YMMV thing.

hillview
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
My boys never liked them.
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Around 5yo.

Beth

Indianamom2
04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
DD#1 never really loved them or paid much attention to them...until Ds #2 came along. She's played more with them this spring (at 5.5 years old) than ever before. Makes me happy since they're safe for Ds #2 to play with as well.

elbert
04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Every time I consider getting rid of all our our Little People, DD (3.5) "rediscovers" them again and plays with them in an entirely different way than last the last time she was playing with them often. We have the Loving Family dollhouse and tons of Playmobil people, both of which she loves, but the Little People do make a strong showing every few months for at least a month or so...with very involved playing.

Again, YMMV, but I've come sooooo close to getting rid of them a few times and always feel very relieved that I didn't when I see her with them.

mecawa
04-21-2010, 07:53 AM
I had put them away about a year and a half ago (when DD1 was about 4 1/2) but i brought them back upstairs for DD2 and DD1 was actually playing with them yesterday (for about 2 hours!!) and she is 6.

mommytotwo
05-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Other than the zoo set and the cars, our kids really didn't play with them that much. I still remember as a kid spending hours setting up a whole neighborhood with the older, smaller sized wooden and plastic ones... oh the memories.

Melaine
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM
We sold our sets. They just weren't getting the love here.

egoldber
05-08-2010, 06:00 PM
My kids still like them, even the 8 year old.

scrooks
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
My DD goes in spurts but definitely still likes them...but then again she's not quite 3. My DS is starting to like them now but he uses them as teethers! I think I now understand why the tiny little people of my generation are much bigger now.

s7714
05-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I think it totally varies by kid. My almost 5 year old plays with ours almost daily! My 7 year old OTOH didn't play with them much after about age 4 1/2 (although even she will still play with them if her sister asks her to join in).

bubbaray
05-11-2010, 12:37 AM
My 6yo was playing with them yesterday with the 3yo. They had quite the scenario going on, LOL.

WatchingThemGrow
05-11-2010, 06:58 AM
DD's turning 4 next week, and she is constantly lining up the people in "matching sets" of twins, lining the numbered people up at preschool, while DS1 is counting the bananas at the market, and DS2 is chewing on them, then throwing them. So...not outgrown at 4 here.

crl
05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
DS did not like them until he was nearly five. He's almost seven and he plays with them all the time. They've become props in his set-ups of his school classroom, etc.

Catherine

katydid1971
05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
When DS was around 18 months I bought him a few of them and he really wasn't very interested in them. DD got the house for Christmas this year and plays with it constantly (she turned 2 last month). What's funny is in the last couple of weeks DS has been playing with DD's house and the old little people I threw in with her new ones. He has stories of the little people going to the airport to California (he's really into California lately because that's where Mickey Mouse lives). He has had delayed language so maybe he's catching with play he might otherwise have done earlier.

05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
I really wish that I still had mine from when I was a kid, especially the school and the castle. I remember playing with them pretty regularly until I was about 7.

Unless you don't have the storage space, I'd keep them at least for a little while longer. I got my 1 year old an amusement park set at Christmas and my 3-4 year old fight over it--they play now more than when they were toddlers

scrooks
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I got my 1 year old an amusement park set at Christmas and my 3-4 year old fight over it--they play now more than when they were toddlers

We got the amusement park set at Christmas time here too! Big hit! I even think it's pretty cool!