PDA

View Full Version : Trip-Trap or High-chair?

PMJ
04-20-2010, 11:41 PM
DD is 6 months and we need to purchase one of these items.

I'd love to NOT buy either, and just make do -- but I am guessing this is not possible.

Would like the best value for the $$ and of course safety is important.

Any advice?

thanks!

First time Mom -

elektra
04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
You can get by on just a booster-style chair, the kind that you strap to a regular dining room chair.
I love our Tripp Trapps though. DD is still in hers at 3 and I plan on using it for a long time after that too. DS has been in his since the beginning, using the baby rail.
They work best on a very flat, hard surface though (so not a good idea for carpet, IMO, due to the tippiness factor).

sunshine873
04-21-2010, 12:31 AM
If you don't want to spend the $$ on the Tripp-Trap (I didn't), I'd highly recommend the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster. It's inexpensive, straps to a chair, is easy to transport and easy to clean. We :heartbeat: ours! There are other posts here singing it's praises too. :)

elliput
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
If you do want to purchase a chair that can be used for years- go with the Tripp Trapp. We own two, and both DH and I consider them to be the best baby purchases we have made.

I would also recommend looking at the FP Space Saver- I know quite a few mom's who went this route and if you don't mind giving up an adult chair it is quite reasonable.

Melaine
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
We love the TT. My regret is that we didn't purchase them sooner (bought them last summer when the girls were 2.5). Still, totally worth it IMO.

hellokitty
04-21-2010, 01:13 PM
If you don't want to spend the $$ on the Tripp-Trap (I didn't), I'd highly recommend the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster. It's inexpensive, straps to a chair, is easy to transport and easy to clean. We :heartbeat: ours! There are other posts here singing it's praises too. :)

:yeahthat: We have the regular FP HC, this was before the booster version came out. I like the booster version better, b/c it's portable and doesn't take up a lot of space.

becca_g
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
DD is 6 months and we need to purchase one of these items.

I'd love to NOT buy either, and just make do -- but I am guessing this is not possible.

Would like the best value for the $$ and of course safety is important.

Any advice?

thanks!

First time Mom -

We have the FP SpaceSaver High Chair (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B000BXAI08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271870705&sr=1-1) for use at our kitchen table. Love it!!!

Based on all the great recommendations here on the board, recently purchased the Tripp Trapp on sale ($170) at albeebaby.com for our dining room but haven't had a chance to use it (arrived yesterday). The sale is over, but you may be able to find a good deal somewhere else. We plan to use it for years to come so thought it was worth the investment.

maestramommy
04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
We have two boosters now. The Fisher Price Healthy Care, and the Safety First Booster. They both work well, but I like the FP booster better. The seatbelt is just in a better position, IMO. When the kid is too big for the tray, just take it away and they can sit at the table. Arwyn is sitting in the Safety First booster, and it works.

Melaine
04-21-2010, 04:38 PM
We have the FP SpaceSaver High Chair (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-High-Chair/dp/B000BXAI08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271870705&sr=1-1) for use at our kitchen table. Love it!!!

Based on all the great recommendations here on the board, recently purchased the Tripp Trapp on sale ($170) at albeebaby.com for our dining room but haven't had a chance to use it (arrived yesterday). The sale is over, but you may be able to find a good deal somewhere else. We plan to use it for years to come so thought it was worth the investment.

So you actually got it for $170?! I didn't really pay much attention to that thread since I'm not in the market but I can't believe you got such a steal! Amazing!!

becca_g
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
So you actually got it for $170?! I didn't really pay much attention to that thread since I'm not in the market but I can't believe you got such a steal! Amazing!!

Yep, on sale for $200 plus 15% off code (before they nixed it for Stokke brand). At least one person got the 17% off to work for a brief period of time for another $4 off, but I'm definitely not complaining about my awesome deal!

PMJ
04-21-2010, 07:01 PM
MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE !!!

I just went out today and bought a FP - Super Saver Booster - w/a 20% off coupon from BRU. We'll see how it works. :)

I do admit that the TT looks and sounds much better, but we don't have $270 right now to spend on that.

thanks again everyone!